The last update, named, KB4534310, left a dark mark on the Windows 7 OS and took away the background adjusting setting away from the users, as they lost the ‘Stretch’ option. This made the users furious as they lost control of having a desktop background of their own. Here is how to fix the Wallpaper disappearing issue after the Windows 7 KB4534310 update.
How To Fix Windows 7 Wallpaper Disappearing
KB4534310 update, released in January of 2020, was declared the last update by Microsoft for Windows 7. Unfortunately, the Windows 7 community is huge and many people who adore the OS got frustrated by this course of action.
KB4534310 update included some security patches and critical updates. It resolved issues with core components of OS in Storage and Filesystems, Input and Compositions, and Servers and made a few changes here and there that led to the error at hand, namely, the wallpaper disappearing problem.
However, the problem is still resolvable even though Microsoft has left Windows 7 behind, and hope is still there as we’ve gathered a few fixes to solve this problem quickly and easily. Here is how to fix the Wallpaper vanishing issue after the Windows 7 KB4534310 update.
Fix# 1 – KB4534310 Update Must Go
OS updates, while uploaded to fix bugs, can also cause bugs such as the one you’re facing. To solve it, we have to consider the very first obvious solution, and that is to remove the update that caused it. However, you do not have to worry about losing any kind of functionality as your PC worked fine even before the update. Follow the steps below to uninstall the troubling update:
- Click on Start Menu.
- Search “view installed updates”.
- Locate and click on “View Installed Updates”.
- Type in KB4534310 in the search bar on the top right.
- Once the search is completed, look for a “Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4534310)” button and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the uninstallation wizard instructions and complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart your PC.
- After the restart, check if the background is changeable. If it isn’t, then we’ve got another trick up our sleeves for you.
Fix# 2 – Switch Picture Positions
The KB4534310 Update, although it took away your freedom in background settings, did not completely take away the possibility of changing the background. The only option that the update took away was the ‘Stretch’ option. If the users tried to use this option during wallpaper adjustment, their wallpaper used to vanish, being replaced with a black one. However, you can always use the other wallpaper options besides ‘Stretch’, and here are the steps to do it:
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Locate the Personalize option and open it.
- Click on Desktop Background and select the wallpaper you want to apply.
- Next, open the dropdown menu. Look for a ‘Picture Position’ option.
- Here you’ll see several different selection criteria such as Strech, Fit, Fill, and more.
- Select any of the settings other than stretch, save it, and see the results.
That is all for our fixes for the Windows wallpaper disappearing issue after that KB4534310 update. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.