V Rising is a game that’s best enjoyed with friends, and there’s no better way to play than on your dedicated server. You have complete control over who can join and what rules they have to follow, but you also reap the benefits of increased performance and stability.
Running a dedicated server for V Rising is surprisingly easy, and it’s well worth the effort for anyone who wants to get the most out of the game. Thanks to the devs at Stunlock Studios, there are various options and tools available for those who want to set up their own multiplayer spaces. This guide will show you everything you need to know to get started.
Minimum PC Specs To Setup Your Dedicated Server in V Rising
- Operating System: Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 x64
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 3
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband
- Storage: 5GB Storage
How To Setup
- You can Use Steam or Steam CMD dedicated server.
- In the search bar at the top of your Steam Library, type “V Rising Dedicated Server.”
- Like the game, you can install the “V Rising Dedicated Server tool.”
- Go to “Manage > Local Files and Browse” by right-clicking the V Rising Dedicated Server tool in your library list.
- By searching, you find a batch file named “start_server_example.”
- Create a duplicate of the Batch File and change the name for your convenience.
How To Configure
- Now Open VRisingServer_Data > StreamingAssets.
- Copy the entire Settings folder.
- Ensure that the copied folder must have “ServerHostSettings.json” and “ServerGameSettings.json.”
- Go Back to “This PC” and Open C:>Users>PCName>App Data>LocalLow>Stunlock Studios>VRisingServer
- Copy and paste the Settings folder and files to this location.
- Create a new folder named Saves.
- Open Setting Folder, then right-clicks and edit “ServerHostSettings.json.”
- You will see “Name”: “My Server Name.” Change my “My Server Name” with your server name.
- In “Description”:,” “you can set the rules; however, if you want to make your private server set the password in “Password”:” “and “ListOnMasterServe”: “False.”
- Now save and exit this file.
- Next Navigate “RisingServer_Data>StreamingAssets>Settings”
- Open the “adminlist.txt”: file to make players on the server into admins and add their names to this list. Save and Exit
- Now Open “banlist.txt”: To ban them from the server, add their names to this list.
“ServerGameSettings.json” can modify this file to customize various game parameters on your server.
- “ServerHostSettings.json” is a file that contains server-related settings. Edit this file to alter the server’s settings.
- Open ports on your router: The procedure varies depending on the router you are using, but ultimately, you’ll need to open up port UDP 9876-9877 as a default. Check whether the server or the ports are authorized and accessible via a firewall if required.
For more on V Rising, see How to Get Unsullied Heart and Get Water Filled Canteen.