In Trials of Mana you will notice a section in the menu called Chain Abilities. These are character abilities that you get by using the Training Points. These abilities can be useful for your team members who don’t naturally learn them. Chain abilities bring diversity to your character abilities in Trials of Mana.
Trials of Mana Chain Abilities
There are two types of chain abilities; some abilities are acquired through training points while others are acquired from special NPCs in Trials of Mana. Below are chain abilities aka link abilities for each of the playable Trials of Mana characters.
- Armor Break: Duran has two Chain Abilities. This one is a Duran Chain Ability that boosts your armor reduction value for normal attacks by 50%.
- Damage SP+: This is our second Duran ability which helps the player increase SP by 2% when the player takes damage.
- Absorb: Angela also has two chain abilities in Trials of Mana. The first one is Absorb which allows the player to recover 1 MP when with a heavy attack.
- Limit Break: This is the second link ability for Angela. Players can use this to increase magic damage by 5% in Trials of Mana.
Firestorm: Kevin only has one chain ability as well and that’s Firestorm. Using this link ability allows the player to increase damage dealt by 15% when the character’s health is 30% or less.
- Powerful: Charlotte has two link abilities and the first one is Powerful. It allows the player to increase damage dealt by 5% when performing heavy attacks.
- Defender: This is the second ability for Charlotte. It takes the player’s defense up by 10 and attack power up by 10 as well.
- Poison: Hawkeye’s two chain abilities in Trials of Mana are Poison and Drop Up. Poison allows the player to boost the chance to inflict poison by 30%.
- Drop Up: The item drop rate will increase by 5% with this ability.
- Indomitability: When the player is inflicted by a status effect, attack power goes up 15%.
- Critical Up: Critical hit rate goes up by 10%.
Chain Abilities Gained From NPCs
The following chain abilities are gained from special NPCs in Trials of Mana.
|Chain Ability||Effect||How to Get|
|HP Boost||HP goes up by 30||Priest of Light|
|Light Elemental Magic||Use light elemental abilities||Save Lumina|
|Li’l Cactus’ Link Ability||200% CS Boost for allies at the start of battle||Find all Li’l Cactus locations|
|Aurora Sisters’ Link Ability||5% magic attack damage boost||See the dancers in the Night Market of Merchant Town Beiser|
|Von Boyage Link Ability||5% power attack damage boost||Speak with Von Boyage on the way to Merchant Town Beiser|
|Fortune-Teller Link Ability||Status effect damage goes down 50%||Speak with Fortune-Teller in Valsena after saving the king|
|Blacksmitha||5% boost in equipment stats in battle||Give Watts 5,000 lucre in Dwarf Tunnels|
|Earth Elemental Magic||Use Earth elemental abilities||Save Gnome|
|Hero King’s Link Ability||Get 5% of CS gauge after winning a battle||Speak with Hero King in Valsena|
|Bruiser’s Link Ability||Increase attack for a class strike||Speak with Bruiser in Valsena|
|Stella’s Link Ability||10% healing items effectiveness||Speak with the lady in Duran’s house in Valsena|
|MP Boost||Increase MP by 10||Speak with Jadd in Jadd Stronghold|
This marks the end of our Trials of Mana Chian Abilities guide. If you need more help with the game check out the Trials of Mana Wiki.