The Witcher 3 Next Gen Update is live now and free for all people that already own the game. If you played the game on PS4 and now own a PS5 then you might be interested in transferring your save to the next-gen console so that you do not have to start the game from the beginning. In this Witcher 3 guide, we go over how you can transfer your save from the PS4 to the PS5 to take advantage of the next-gen update.
Transferring The Witcher 3 Save From PS4 To PS5
Follow the steps below to transfer your Witcher 3 save from the PS4 to the PS5:
- Launch the PS5 version.
- Head into the load menu and press L2 to open the GOG QR code.
- Scan it with your phone and create a GOG account. You can log in if you already have one.
- Accept the rewards and press L2 again.
- You will be prompted that cross-progression is enabled
- Download the PS4 version
- Load the save from where you want to start the game (ignore the PS5 save).
- Pause and save the game again. (this is the save that will transfer).
- Head back into the load menu and press L2 to open GOG QR code.
- Scan it with your phone and log into the GOG account.
- Accept the rewards and press L2 to get the prompt that your save has been uploaded to the cloud.
- Close the PS4 version of the game.
- Launch the PS5 version of the game.
- Head into the load menu and select the PS4 save that you made.
Do note that in order to do this you will need to update the PS4 version of the game to version 4.0. If you are running version 1.6 then this transfer save method is not going to work. Be sure to update the PS4 version of the game before proceeding to transfer the save to the PS5.
This is how you can transfer The Witcher 3 save from PS4 to PS5 to take advantage of the next-gen update. If you are interested in learning more about the update then you can check out our guide on how you can get the Netflix-inspired skin for Dandelion.