Many Tower of Fantasy players report error 5 and cannot play the game. This error occurs on the login screen and can also come in the way of a Server Error message followed by the code ID:5/10004. This error apparently springs up without cause and does not seem to go away on its own. Here is how to fix Tower of Fantasy Error 5.
Fix# 1 – Brute Force
Just spam your login information again and again on the login screen. Error 5 has been reported to be solved a myriad of times like this. Go at it for a good 10-15 minutes, if the issue goes away, well enough; if not, keep reading.
Fix# 2 – Check Your Internet Connection
It could be that the game can’t seem to log in because the internet is not stable enough. To fix this, you should try to restart your internet modem, and check all your connection wires or your internet service provider, preferably after checking your connection’s speed and stability with a reputable internet speed tester.
Fix# 3 – Run It as An Administrator
It is possible that some firewall or other restriction is keeping you from logging in to Tower Of Fantasy. A surefire and easy way to fix this is running Tower Of Fantasy As An Administrator. To do this, right-click the game’s executable and select run as administrator, also accept the prompt that pops up when you try to do so.
Fix# 4 – Use VPN
It is possible that a server problem is causing Error 5 in Tower Of Fantasy. To mitigate the problems this causes, a VPN is a good option. If you use a VPN, your IP location will be changed. Now, if the servers are down, it is possible that the servers of the region you have changed your IP to may be up and running, thus allowing you to play the game.
Fix# 5 – Change Your DNS settings
DNS is the part of our networking systems that allow us to communicate and talk to servers. You can solve the Tower of Fantasy Error 5 by changing your DNS address. To not bore you with unnecessary fluff, this is how to do so:
- Open your Settings.
- Click the Network & Internet option and continue.
- Click on Change Adapter Options in the Advanced Network Settings.
- You should be on the Network Connections screen.
- Double Click the type of network you have. And select properties to proceed with the rest of the process.
- Go ahead and click Properties on the window that appears. Scroll down the list of items that you see and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 option.
- In Properties is where you’ll finally put in the alternate DNS settings. Click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option as shown in the image below and enter 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS server.
- You’ll then have to enter 220.127.116.11 in the specified area for the Alternate DNS server. As soon as you’re done with all that, don’t forget to check the box beside Validate settings upon exit to save your progress. Once you’ve done all that, finalize the procedure by clicking on OK.
That is all for our fixes for Tower Of Fantasy Error 5. f you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.