In Total War: Pharaoh, where ancient civilizations clash and empires rise and fall, one figure stands as a beacon of military might and strategic prowess: Ramesses. Known for his monumental architecture and territorial conquests, Ramesses is a force to be reckoned with. This guide delves deep into the essence of leading as Ramesses, exploring the intricate facets of his command abilities and the unique buildings that set the stage for his reign of expansion and prosperity. Whether you’re a seasoned strategist or a novice ruler, understanding the depths of Ramesses’ Commands and Buildings is key in Total War Pharaoh.
Ramesses Pharaoh’s Commands
At the heart of Ramesses’ strength is his unparalleled military command. Tailored for aggressive expansion, his abilities are a boon for players who thrive on the front lines of battle.
- Regular Command: Ramesses isn’t one to slow down for anything, not even war. His armies can launch into a Forced March stance, blitzing across the map without the usual stamina penalties bogging them down in battle. This means you can cover more ground and bring the fight to the enemy’s doorstep faster than they can say “Anubis.”
- Shemsu Hor Command: When the stars align and the Shemsu Hor event graces your campaign, Ramesses’ military prowess skyrockets. He gains access to an arsenal of Medjay units, elite warriors that bolster your forces and strike fear into the hearts of your foes. These units are added directly to your instant-recruitment pool.
Ramesses’ strategic acumen isn’t limited to the battlefield; it extends to his architectural prowess. Each Ramesses building is designed to fortify his kingdom’s military and economic foundations, propelling you toward victory in Total War Pharaoh.
- Necropolis of the Honored Dead: This isn’t your average resting place. The Necropolis not only pays homage to the valiant warriors who fell in battle but also injects a surge of Happiness and Influence across your provinces. It’s a testament to Ramesses’ respect for his soldiers, and it keeps the populace content and loyal.
- Wine Market: Who doesn’t love a good vintage? The Wine Market is a cornerstone of economic and cultural prosperity, enhancing Happiness and Workforce Growth while providing a sweet Resource Production Bonus. It’s not all about war; a satisfied citizen is a productive citizen.
- Medjay Headquarters: The epicenter of Ramesses’ elite forces. The Medjay Headquarters doesn’t just unlock additional units for your army; it’s a symbol of Ramesses’ commitment to military excellence and his reliance on these legendary warriors.
- Military Academy: The forge where raw recruits are transformed into seasoned soldiers. The Military Academy offers a plethora of recruitment bonuses, ensuring your forces are replenished, well-trained, and ready to conquer.
Ramesses’ historical exploits stretched beyond the confines of Egypt, making waves through the ancient world. In Total War: Pharaoh, you have the opportunity to reenact this era of expansion. Utilize his unique military-focused playstyle to subdue your enemies and annex new territories. Remember, Ramesses’ approach is beginner-friendly, but it doesn’t lack depth. Balancing military conquest with internal development is key to sustaining your empire.
Moreover, don’t forget the cultural and religious aspects of your reign. Ramesses was known for his monumental structures, not just military ones. Erect grand temples and statues to boost your populace’s morale and perhaps, more importantly, to intimidate enemies.