Religion in Civilization 6 is a returning feature and this time it is bigger and more impactful than ever. In fact, Religion in Civilization 6 is now a victory condition so to start one is a great advantage. Religion in Civ 6 is mainly based around the faith currency/stat, you can get this currency through buildings and wonders, etc. The start a religion you first need to create a pantheon belief after you get at least 25 faith currency. Creating a pantheon belief will kick start your religion, its benefits will spread across multiple cities within your civilization. These are the 12 real religions offered in Civilization 6 that you can start.
- Eastern Orthodoxy
How to Start a Religion in Civilization 6
Pantheons are the very first step to create a spirituality that precedes establishing religion. They are basic religious structures, Pantheons will worship many minor gods and provide minor terrain bonuses.
The next step to starting a religion is attracting a Great Prophet. They are a type of Great Person in Civilization 6. Great Prophets are obtained after your Great Prophet points start to accumulate. You can build Holy Sites as they generate +1 Great Prophet Points per turn. They will also get you additional points for building Temples and Shrines in the district. More Great Prophet Points are earned by completing Holy Site prayer projects.
You can use the Great Prophet to found a religion in any Holy Site or the Stoneage Wonder if you have one. Wherever you start your religion that city will become the Holy City for your Civilization. Half of the Holy City will immediately stop being atheists and covert to your selected religion. The total number of religions is limited and is smaller than the number of players on anything other than a Duel map. You will be racing against others if you want your own religion. You can boost your chances by rushing the Shrine and enacting Holy Site prayers to boost the number of Great Prophet Points you get each turn.
Civilization 6 allows you to choose your own religious symbol. The main real religions come with their own real names and can not be changed but there are custom symbols that come without a name so you can choose your own religion name. The last step is to choose two Beliefs for your brand new Civilization 6 religion. Beliefs are gameplay bonuses, there are four types of Beliefs as part of the Belief system. Each religion can only have one from each type. The following are the four beliefs in Civilization 6.
- Founder Belief – Can be impacted by the followers of civilization but applies only to the founder of the religion.
- Follower Belief – Gives you bonuses from any city following this religion regardless of civilization.
- Worship Belief – Get 1 tier 3 worship building which can be turned into a Holy Site. You get various bonuses from each building and structure.
- Enhancer Belief – Get bonuses making missionaries or generating religious pressure.
Need more help with the game? Check out the Civilization 6 Wiki.
- How to Change Camera Angle in F1 2020 - July 14, 2020
- Rocket Arena Character Abilities and Specials Guide - July 13, 2020
- PewDiePie Deletes 14 Million Views After Alinity Breakdown - July 12, 2020