In Squad, the role of tanks is pretty straight forward. You need to clear out whatever is in your team’s way. You are not responsible for transporting your team. In this Squad tanks guide, we are going to look into different tanks like the M1A2 Abrams, Challenger 2, T72B3 and T-62. We are also going to go over their pros and cons.
With the tank, your targets are enemy tanks, IFVs, APCs, trucks and foot mobiles. The task is simple, take out any enemy unit that moves. Kill, push and avoid being killed. That is pretty much all that you need to do. But obviously, it is harder than it sounds.
Squad Tanks Guide
The following are all the different tanks in the game, their pros and cons:
- Impressive gunner/commander optics for long-range battles.
- Powerful AP with lots of HEAT-MP shells available (21 shots)
- Good overall armor protection
- The human loader is fast, and he never feels tired
- Fast reverse speed and good acceleration
- Too big
- Spotted easily from a distance.
- Frontal weak spot easily reachable by a trained gunner.
- Big turret makes it easier for opponents to disable it.
- Overall good optics
- All 4 crewmembers are protected inside the hull
- Can use the smoke shell to distract enemy tank or cover friendlies.
- Fast human loader
- Slow speed
- Frontal weak spots are easily reachable
- Limited ammunition
- Small frontal area
- Short height
- Easy to hide
- Variety of ammunition
- Armor on turret area is impeccable
- Commander’s NSVT turret shoots extremely fast
- Perfect top speed
- Side hull armor is thin, which increases the chance of getting ammo racked
- The main gun fires slower than Abrams
- Extremely low reverse speed at 10km/h
- The only tank for non-conventional forces
- Tons of HE-Frag ammunition
- Can carry infantries outside the tank
- Can carry extra ammunition
- Equipped with DshK HMG on the fourth seat
- Little armor protection
- No laser range finder for the gunner
- Reload time is long
- No hunter-killer
If you are interested in learning more then you can check out our APCs guide as well.
This marks the end of our Squad tanks guide.