After Harry transforms into Venom in Spider-Man 2, he turns MJ into a Symbiote as well, Scream. Peter Parker now has to deal with Scream before moving forward. You will need to defeat Scream in order to save MJ. This can be a rather tricky and emotional boss fight. In this Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 guide, I go over tips and tricks on how you can beat Scream.
How To Beat Scream In Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Before you go to Peter’s house, you should upgrade the Sonic Burst gadget since this allows you to stun Symbiote enemies. This gadget is very effective against Scream. You can also upgrade the Upshot gadget that will allow you to launch Scream into the air.
Like other boss fights in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, the encounter with Scream has four phases. The following is a breakdown of each of them and what you need to do.
Phase #1 And #2
- Use high-frequency sound: During the first two phases, you can use high-frequency sound to make Scream vulnerable and deal damage. You can use the alarms of the crashed cars to your advantage.
- Attack Pattern: Scream can attack you with her claws and even use her hair as a whip. She usually has a three-hit combo, and you will need to parry or dodge. We have a guide on perfecting your parries. Scream can also get to high ground and shoot three projectiles at you. These are slow, so you will see them coming and can move out of the way.
- Unblockable Attacks: This is one of the moves that you need to look out for. You will get a blue circle prompt around Scream’s head when this attack is coming. You will have a few seconds to back off. This is unblockable, so do not try blocking it. The second attack you cannot block is the Hair Grab. You will need to dodge to the side to avoid taking damage.
Phase #3 And #4
- Use high-frequency sound: Same tip here. You can bring down the metal pipes to stun Scream.
- Attack speed and openings: While the attacks of the boss remain the same, Scream’s attack speed increases as the fight progresses. You will need to dodge or parry attacks and wait for openings to attack the boss.
This is what you need to know about beating Scream in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. If you are interested in learning more about the game, then you can check out our guide on how you can defeat Venom.