Shout is a draconic language in Skyrim. It’s not as simple as it may appear. It essentially comprises the abilities of dragons. Discovering the word through Word Walls, capturing dragons, and completing tasks are the only way to learn this language. Every shout consists of three words, but each extra word adds an improved version of the shout.
Shouts are not part of your magic and other powers available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Moreover, Shouts won’t drain Magicka but come with cool-down periods. Here’s a list of Skyrim shouts and their locations:
Skyrim Shouts List
- Whirlwind Sprint
- Unrelenting Force
- Throw Voice
- Summon Durnehviir
- Soul Tear
- Storm Call
- Slow Time
- Marked for Death
- Kyne’s Peace
- Frost Breath
- Fire Breath
- Elemental Fury
- Drain Vitality
- Dismaying Shout
- Clear Skies
- Call of Valor
- Call Dragon
- Become Ethereal
- Aura Whisper
- Animal Allegiance
- In the “The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller” Quest, The Greybeards at the High Hrothgar can teach you.
- Volskygge in the North Western Side of Skyrim.
- The “Tending the Flames” quest at the Dead Men’s Respite (Morthal Southwest side and Solitude South).
- In the “Bleak Falls Barrow,” either in “The Golden Claw” or “Dragon Rising.”
- Learn from Greybeards at High Hrothgar during the “The Way Of The Voice” quest.
- Find “The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller” to learn from Greybeard.
- Take down “Dragon” and “Dragon Priest” in Shearpoint.
- Head to “Soul Cairn” to meet slaying “Durnehvii” to learn shouts from him.
- Again and again, call out “Durnehviir” until you learn three shouts from him.
- Follow the lead mentioned in the courier until you reach “High Gate Ruins”(The northern side of Skyrim)
- Take down Skuldafn in the ” World-Eater’s Eyrie.”
- In the Rift, find the Forelhost tomb.
- Go behind the throne at the end of the “Jagged Crown” quest in the Korvanjund
- Hag’s (The Western side of Skyrim) End.
- Reach the “Dragon Priest” lair with the held Magnus Staff.
Marked for Death
- In the “Dark Brotherhood,” find the Sanctuary (hidden society).
- The Forsaken Crypt
- The Southern side of Skyrim (Autumnwatch Tower).
- In the Shroud Hearth Barrow (The Eastern side of Skyrim), a small village, “Ivarstead,” during the “Haunting Miscellaneous” quest.
- Ragnvald Tomb ( The Western side of Skyrim) End.
- The Skyrim Central (Rannveig’s Fast).
- The North Eastern side of Skyrim (Saarthal) “Under Saarthal” ends.
- Mount Anthor (The North Eastern side of Skyrim).
- Frostmere Crypt Tomb (The Northern side of Skyrim).
- In the “Miscellaneous” quest in the Skyborn Altar (The Central side of Skyrim).
- Complete the “Forbidden Legends” side quest, then meet the “Folgunthur” in the Hjaalmarch area.
- Bonestrewn Crest “Dragon” in (The Northeast side of Skyrim) Eastmarch.
- In the “Companions quest Proving Honor” quest at the Dustman’s Cairne (The Northwest side of Whiterun).
- Head to the Southern side of Skyrim in Sunderstone Gorge Cave.
- In the eleventh “The Throat Of The World” quest
- Shriekwind Bastion (The North side of Falkreath)
- Dragontooth Crater Dragon in the Western side of Skyrim.
- In “The Break Of Dawn” quest in the Kilkreath Ruins in Haafingar (ninth holds).
- Dimhollow Crypt cave ( The Central side of Skyrim)
- Take out the twin dragons in the “Forgotten Vale” quest in a frozen lake. You will find the Word Wall at the center of a frozen lake.
- In Arcwind Point (The Southern side of Skyrim,) find the Word Wall around the altar.
- During “Alduin’s Bane” quest, you will automatically find.
- Take down the “Lost Tongue Overlook” dragon.
- Reach level 20 to participate in the “Pieces of the Past” quest and takedown “dragon.”
- The Labarithian’s Shalidor’s Maze on the North side of Whiterun Hold (Hjaalmarch).
- Eldersblood Peak is a Dragon in Central Skyrim.
- Mercer’s Speaking With Silence towards the North Eastern side of Skyrim(Snow Veil Sanctum).
- The Northern Skyrim ruin (Silverdrift Lair).
- In “The Throat Of The World,” quest learns from “High Hrothgar.”
Call of Valor
- Automatically learned in the seventeenth “Sovngarde” quest.
- After calling out “Odahviing outdoors,” speak all three shouts just once at the “top of High Hrothgar.”
- After the sixth “The Horn Of Jurgen Windcaller” quest, go to Ustengrav two level tomb (The Nothern side of Skyrim).
- At the top of Lost Valley waterfall (the south side of Rorikstead), go to Bard’s Leap Summit Point.
- Go to Winterhold Hold (The Northeast side of Skyrim) at the Ironbind Barrow tombs.
- The Northwind Summit on the Eastern side of Skyrim.
- In the “Broken Dark Brotherhood” quest at Volunruud.
- The Valthume tomb in the Southeast side of Markarth.
- The Rift in the Southeastern side of Skyrim (Angarvunde).
- Ancient Ascent Dragon in the Southern side of Skyrim.
- You can either complete the “Glory of the Dead” quest or reach the mountains earlier, above Ysgramor’s Tomb (The Northern side of Skyrim).
That’s everything we have for now, but if you need more help, here are some Skyrim guides you may find helpful: