Like its predecessor, NBA 2K21 allows you to get into the game using the option to scan your face. Seeing yourself perfectly in ‘MyPlayer’ requires attention to the smallest of details. Since it’s very easy to mess things up, especially if this is your first scan, I decided to provide a brief tutorial with some tips and tricks to ensure that your face scan in NBA 2K21 comes out perfectly.
Scan Your Face in NBA 2K21
To start, you’ll need to download the MyNBA2K21 by 2K, Inc. on your smartphone. Once downloaded, open up the app and link the platform on which you’ve got the game. After inputting your credentials and signing in, tap the ‘Face Scan’ option to begin. As simple as it’s to stand in front of a camera, there are some tips and tricks you can use to ensure that your scans come out perfect.
- Remove anything that obstructs a clean view e.g. cap, hoodie, glasses, etc.
- Try that lighting falls evenly on your face without any shadows. If you’re indoors, bathroom lights should work great, otherwise, it’s recommended to scan it outside.
- If you aren’t good at handling a camera, have a friend to help you out.
- If you really want to go out of your way, you can borrow someone’s phone with a better camera to do the scans.
- Lastly, your phone needs to be on the eye level – don’t keep it too high or low. As for the distance between your face and the phone, the recommended distance is ~18 inches.
Now that you’re all set with lighting and everything, it’s time to take the actual scans.
- To start, stare directly at the camera and align your face against the oval on the screen. Once done, try to blink a few times and you’ll see the lights flash.
- Keeping the camera fixated on its position, slowly rotate your face in 30-degree as instructed on the screen. Remember not to move the camera and only your face. If you’re getting any error codes, try again but remember to move very slowly. Remember that you don’t need to keep staring on the phone while doing so.
- The app will scan your face from 13 different angles and display the results at the end. I recommend checking out the results to ensure that none of the scans are blurred or unevenly lit.
- Depending on whether you’re happy with the scans or not, you can tap on ‘upload images’ or retry.
- Go to the MyPlayer Builder in the game and click on ‘check for Head Scan data’ to start uploading. Once it’s done, you’ll be able to tweak a few things before finalizing it. In case of any errors, you’ll need to repeat the entire process again.
And that’s how you perfectly scan your face in NBA 2K21. Feel free to check out our detailed NBA 2K21 wiki guides for more tips and strategies.