There is definitely something going on at Rockstar Games but we don’t know what exactly. There are many theories, some say it is GTA 6 others say it is Bully 2. However, whatever it is, we are closer than ever to get our questions answered. Just a few days ago, Rockstar Games posted a job listing looking for a video animator to create trailers and marketing materials hitting at an upcoming announcement.
Now, a second job listing in the post-production section of Rockstar’s website is looking for a motion graphics animator. Again, to help create trailers and marketing materials. The person will help create and maintain marketing content such as trailers and graphics for various regions. The listing further raises the possibility of some form of news from Rockstar Games soon.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Motion Graphics Animator to work on a wide range of projects and applications. The successful candidate will work closely with a creative team to develop compelling ideas, deliver marketing and in-game assets, and version game trailers for multiple territories.
- Create and implement animated title and logo work for trailers and TV commercials.
- Design high-quality motion graphics, transitions, show openings, lower thirds, etc.
- Work with the team of Video Editors and Producers to deliver compelling graphics for projects.
- Organize and maintain motion graphics templates and assets for international markets for TV commercials and game trailers.
- Work with others on the team to help visualize and develop animation features for use in video games.
We discussed the trailer when we reported the first post-production job listing. Fingers crossed for GTA 6 or Bully 2 but there is always the possibility of a major new GTA Online expansion or something related to RDR2. Last year, multiple sources reported that GTA 6 trailer is coming in 2020. And now, it’s 2020! Could we see a trailer this year? We strongly hope so. If we are discussing last year’s rumor, it should be noted that the same report also mentioned a 2021 release date on current and next-generation consoles.