There is a Max Raid Battle currently going on in Pokémon Sword and Shield that gives players the ability to unlock a Shiny Zeraora. In this guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know about how to unlock Shiny Zeraora in Pokémon S&S.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Shiny Zeraora
In order to unlock Shiny Zeraora in the game, you will need to participate in the Zeraora Challenge which goes from 06/17 till 06/28. As a community, a total of 1 million players will need to defeat a Gigantamax Zeraora, everyone who participated in the event will receive it at the end.
Also, it is important to note that you will not be able to catch Zeraora during the battles so do not try to do so. Here is everything you will need to do to become eligible:
- To receive Shiny Zeraora, players must move a Pokémon between Pokémon Home and Pokémon Sword and Shield during the event.
- Shiny Zeraora will be gifted via the mobile device version of Pokémon Home.
- The Zeraora appearing in Max Raid Battles cannot be caught.
- An internet connection and the latest Wild Area News are required to challenge Zeraora.
- The Wild Area News is automatically received when the Nintendo Switch system is connected to the internet. Players can manually receive it by selecting “Get the Wild Area News” under “Mystery Gift” in the X menu.
- Persistent internet and compatible smart device required. Data charges may apply. Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
After completing all of these requirements mentioned above, you will have yourself a brand new Shiny Zeraora in the game.
This is all we have got in our guide to unlocking the Shiny Zeraora in Pokémon S&S. For more help on the game, you can check out our detailed Pokémon Sword and Shield wiki guides.