Metal Coat is a Held Item in the Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet which boosts the power of Steel-type Pokémon that are holding it. It has an additional effect as well, as it can be used to evolve Scyther into Scizor and Onix into Steelix when given to it during evolution. In this guide, I’ll tell you how to get Metal Coat in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet.
There are two ways to get the Metal Coat in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet, which I have listed below:
- Delibird Presents Shop
- Porto Marinada Market
Delibird Presents Shop
- The Metal Coat costs $3,000 and can be found in the Delibird Presents shop on Paldea Eastside. The Delibird Presents shop is located North of Levincia.
- Once you reach the shop, go to its menu and select “Battle Items.”
- Scroll down the list to find Metal Coat. If you can’t locate it there, return later after collecting more Gym badges. I believe that 6 would be a sufficient amount.
- To save time, you can use the fast travel option.
Porto Marinada Market
The Metal Coat has a 50% chance of being available for purchase at the Porto Marinada Market. If it’s not available for sale, then you can reset the list manually or wait for 30 minutes. To manually reset the list, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To save your game, press X to open the menu, and then scroll down until you see “Save Game.”
- Save your game and then exit.
- While choosing either Pokemon Scarlet or Violet, hold down the home button and press X. Afterwards, select close.
- Change the internal clock to tomorrow.
- In your settings, locate the “System” option.
- Use the left joystick to scroll until you find “Date and Time.”
- Disable the “Synchronize Clock via Internet” option in Date and Time.
- Change the clock to tomorrow.
- Now, return to the Porto Marinada Market to find the metal coat for sale.
- If you don’t find the desired item, repeat the process from the beginning.