Kiriko is one of the new Heroes added to the Overwatch universe. She has primarily a Healer with decent DPS potential. Her kit seems like a mix of Hanzo and Genji. In this Overwatch 2 guide, we have detailed all there is to know about unlocking Kiriko, her abilities, and tips to play her.
How to Unlock
There are a bunch of ways through which you can acquire Kiriko in Overwatch 2. These include:
- You can get a free Founder’s Pack if you purchased the original Overwatch before Jun. 23, 2022. All that you are required to do is to log into the game before Dec. 05, 2022.
- If you do not mind spending real-money, you can purchase the Premium Battle Pass to unlock Kiriko alongside a bunch of other goodies.
- Kiriko can also be acquired by reaching Tier-55 on the non-Premium Battle Pass. It will require a lot of grinding but if you do not want to spend real-money or did not have the original Overwatch, this is the only possible way. If you are grinding, remember that playing with friends gives a +20% XP boost.
Kiriko is a crazy character. She is a Healer but can dish out pretty decent damage in the right hands. There was quite some uproar when Blizzard originally revealed her kit which somewhat resembles Genji. In this section of the guide, we have provided a brief rundown of all her abilities:
When it comes to weapons, Kiriko has two that she utilizes. These are:
- Kunai: This is her DPS option. And while the base damage is nothing to write home about, it does have a Crit. Multiplier so you should try to aim for the head while using it.
- Healing Ofhuda: She throws semi-homing Talismans at her allies to heal them. These have pretty decent tracking so that you can heal your teammates even if you do not have the best aim out there.
Below, you can find a complete list of all the abilities that Kiriko has in OW2:
- Wall Climb: Just like Hanzo, she can climb walls to reposition herself.
- Swift Step: This allows Kiriko to instantly teleport to an ally even if behind a wall.
- Protection Suzu: Kiriko tosses a projectile in an area that makes all the nearby allies invulnerable and removes all the status ailments.
- Kitsune Rush: This is her Ultimate Ability. When used, Kiriko summons a Fox Spirits that rushes forward. Both the player and allies in the wake of this path get increased Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and faster Cooldowns.
This is all we have got in our Overwatch 2 Kiriko guide. You can also check out our detailed Overwatch 2 wiki page for more help on the game.