Overwatch 2 has been so great and is a sizable leap from Overwatch that has taken up quite a mark on the first-person shooter game genre. However, there are users that are now reporting facing an “Error Code LC 208” while playing Overwatch 2, and in this guide, we will help you with how to fix the error.
Last updated on October 29th, 2022 at 04:20 am
Mainly the “Error Code LC 208” emerged on Overwatch 2 due to network connectivity issues and lack of optimization. The following are the fixes that will help you with the error.
Fix #1- Check Overwatch 2 Servers
It’s always a good idea to rule out in-game issues like Overwatch 2 “Error Code LC 208” first by checking up on the official game servers to see if the issue has been declared universally by the developers themselves. To check the status of Overwatch 2 serves, you can:
- Head over directly to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/. And go over to the announcements section.
- You can also head over to a third-party website https://downdetector.com/ to further check on the updates.
Fix #2 – Check Your Internet Connection
Since Overwatch Error Code LC 208 is solely a network connectivity error, it would be wise to switch to a better internet connection to tackle the error firsthand.
- You can check your internet speed through websites like “Speed test by Ookla”
- In case of bad wifi, reach out to your internet provider to get a better internet connection.
- Try switching to the hotspot to check whether it even is an internet connection issue in the first place or not.
- Use a VPN
Fix #3 – Change Your Region
Overwatch 2 Error Code LC 208 occurs due to inconsistencies with the selected region of your account. Many users change their region due to several reasons. However, a correct region selection often solves “Error Code LC 208”. To change your region:
- Click on the globe icon visible on the screen of Overwatch 2 above the settings option.
- Several regions will appear to choose from the list.
- Click on the region that exactly comes closest to yours.
Improve Your Gaming Experience
NordVPN has more than 5600 VPN servers in 59 countries, making your gaming experience as smooth as possible. Black Friday deals are available now!
That is all for our fixes for Overwatch 2 Error Code LC 208. If you face other errors and issues with Overwatch 2, check our errors and fixes guide. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.