SQUARE ENIX announced today that OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, an immersive mobile RPG experience based on the critically acclaimed OCTOPATH TRAVELER series, will launch on iOS and Android devices in 2022. Starting today, players can register to participate in a Closed Beta Test for the Android version of the game, which will be held from March 22nd, 5:00 PM PDT through April 4th, 11:59 PM PDT, through Google Play.
In OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent, players will experience a brand-new story in the world of Orsterra, a few years prior to the events of the beloved and award-winning RPG OCTOPATH TRAVELER. Travel Orsterra as “the Chosen One,” and fight to stop ruthless tyrants who seek to unleash bottomless darkness upon the land. Enjoy high-quality graphics, engaging combat, and storytelling akin to OCTOPATH TRAVELER in this adventurous prequel mobile title. OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent has the following features:
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the wondrous world of Orsterra to life. Rediscover the beautifully stylized environments filled with side quests, dangerous bosses, and treasures.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast-paced command selection.
- A Massive Character Roster – Choose from over 64 characters at launch to create an endless combination of teams. Customize team builds for each fight to reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Unique Interaction Paths – Unlock endless possibilities for character interactions, including the ability to “Inquire” for information, “Entreat” for items, or “Hire” characters as a party
- An Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind the beloved OCTOPATH TRAVELER soundtrack, is back for this latest installment with new compositions to OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent.
OCTOPATH TRAVELER: Champions of the Continent will be available for iOS and Android devices later this year.