A few users have reported that they keep seeing the HRESULT E_FAIL error whenever they try to launch Nvidia GeForce Experience. This issue has been reported to occur on Windows 10 and 8.1 with a small difference in the message on the error window. Here is how to fix GeForce Experience Error HRESULT E_FAIL.
GeForce Experience Error HRESULT E_FAIL Fix
Error HRESULT E_FAIL error pops up due to corrupt Nvidia Geforce Experience Flies or corrupt GPU dependencies. The following are the fixes that’ll help users to fix the error.
Fix# 1 – Reinstall Geforce Experience
Apparently, one of the most reliable and easy ways to solve this error is to reinstall Geforce Experience outright.
To do so, follow these instructions:
- Open Start, type appwiz.cpl, and press enter.
- Sort by the publisher, then right-click on Nvidia Experience and choose to uninstall.
- Follow the prompts until you have successfully uninstalled the Geforce experience.
- Now go download Geforce Experience as you had done before.
If the launch of the Geforce experience still results in the Error popping up, try the other fixes.
Fix# 2: Reinstall Nvidia Drivers
If the above method did not work out for you, there is a possibility that the problem is in your graphics drivers or your physics drivers. It is even more probable if this happened after a botched driver update. Delete your current GPU drivers and, reinstall it, do a clean installation so that there is nothing left over from the previous installation. This will fix the GeForce Experience Error HRESULT E_FAIL.
Fix# 3 – Remove Corrupted Traces of GPU Drivers
The probability of you having corrupted files on your computer is very high now, considering you have tried the fixes above and still the GeForce Experience Error HRESULT E_FAIL error persists. To fix the error, we need to delete potentially corrupted drivers and all their traces. Here we use something called a Device Driver Uninstaller or a DDU. It is a free utility, and here is a step-by-step guide on how to utilize it:
- Go to the official page of DDU and install the software.
- Extract the contents of the DDU archive using 7zip or Winzip.
- Run DDU as an administrator.
- Choose the GPU from the Select device type once you’re in the DDU utility, click on Clean and restart to start the cleanup.
- Restart your computer after this is complete.
- After the reboot, visit the Nvidia website and download the official drivers and install it.
That is all for our fixes for Nvidia GeForce Experience Error HRESULT E_FAIL. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.