Competing crowns, competing faiths, and competing cultures. Medieval Spain and Portugal were fertile grounds for intrigue and conquest, diplomacy, and compromise. Ambitions collided, fueling centuries of dramatic history. In Crusader Kings III: Fate of Iberia flavor pack, players will be able to engage in that drama in an entirely new way. These grand adventures will be yours to enjoy on May 31.
This flavor pack for Paradox Interactive’s critically acclaimed grand strategy role-playing game introduces Struggles, a new system that highlights the unique historical circumstances that typify regions that have been centers of conflict. In Fate of Iberia, players will have new tools to deal with the region’s particular situation, with rival claims and personal grudges taking center stage amidst the vibrant cultural mosaic of Medieval Spain.
Features of Crusader Kings III: Fate of Iberia include:
- Struggle system: Entirely new system for historic conflict, fully moddable and customizable.
- Decide the Fate of Iberia: Choose the path of conciliation or the path of conquest as you unite Spain or, alternately, agree to a peaceful division of spoils.
- New content: Two new Legacy tracks (Urbane and Coterie), new Cultural Traditions emphasizing special historical characteristics of the Iberian peninsula, new friend interactions and duels over the chessboard.
- New Events: Dynamic historical events, some related to the struggle for Iberia, and others adding greater variety for all players.
- New Art: New character art like clothing, hair and beard styles reflecting Iberian cultures of the medieval era, as well as new unit designs and a host of new art for backgrounds, events and loading.
- New Music: Additions to the Crusader Kings III soundtrack.
As usual, Fate of Iberia will include an update free for all Crusader Kings III owners that adds new options and features for all players. This update will add a new faction type to challenge your ruler, Heads of Faith that can be shared by different religions, vassal contracts for clans, and, of course, a new starting bookmark that highlights interesting Iberian characters for the 867 start date.
Crusader Kings III: Fate of Iberia will be coming 31 May 2022 for a suggested retail price of $6.99/£5.19/€6.99. It will be included for current owners of the Crusader Kings III expansion pass and owners of Crusader Kings III: Royal Editio