As a Monster Hunter player, you must locate, craft, and loot a ton of different weapons and armor sets and the same is the case in Monster Hunter Rise. There are a plethora of armor sets in the game but often times the armor, stats-wise, you like isn’t one that looks good on you. You can counter this by using layered armor in Monster Hunter Rise. In this guide, we will go through everything you need to know on how to unlock Layered Armor in Monster Hunter Rise.
Monster Hunter Rise Layered Armor
Layered Armor is used to cover up the currently equipped armor in Monster Hunter Rise. This is done to adjust and change the appearance of your armor. Layered armor is completely aesthetic and has no impact on stats, damage resistance, etc. To unlock layered armor in Monster Hunter Rise you need to use Amiibo, pre-order, own Deluxe, and Collector’s Edition. For the time being, there is no other way to unlock them.
If you are one of the people who pre-ordered the game, own a special edition, or have an Amiibo, you can unlock layered armor. In total, there are 8 layered armor in the game:
- Kamurai Set: Unlocked through Deluxe Edition
- Shuriken Collar: Unlocked through Deluxe or Collector’s Edition
- Fish Collar: Unlocked through Deluxe or Collector’s Edition
- Sinister Seal (Palamute): Unlocked through Palamute Amiibo
- Forest Cat Set: Unlocked through pre-order
- Palamute Retriever Set: Unlocked through pre-order
- Sinister Seal Set (Palico): Unlocked through Palico Amiibo
- Sinister Seal Set (Hunter): Unlocked through Magnamalo Amiibo or Collector’s Edition
How to Equip Layered Armor
Once you have all the layered armor sets you can redeem, go to your item box, and choose which one you want to use. Through the item box, you can easily customize your character’s appearance in Monster Hunter Rise.
And that’s all you need to know about Layered Armor sets in Monster Hunter Rise. Need more help? Check out Monster Hunter Rise Dual Blades, Hammers, how to beat Barroth,