Last Updated on October 31, 2022 by Jake
An error has surfaced in the Modern Warfare community, named Dev Error 1202, that has gotten players confused and annoyed. Making the experience of pure nostalgia and fun, ruined and destroyed.
However, we’ve thoroughly looked into the issue, found some credible sources for information, and narrowed down the reasons and solutions for such a problem. So, continue reading and clear all your problems in minutes.
What is Error 1202
Error 1202 has been reported to interrupt the mid-game launch. A window titled, DEV ERROR 1202, asks you to contact customer support. There are a few reasons for such a problem, but the root of it is improper installation or a graphic card problem. However, let’s take the problem apart and see the different reasons.
Firstly, it could be that the game installation is outdated and has become incompatible with the OS. Other than that, it could be due to outdated graphics drivers. Plus, it could be that the installation files themselves have been corrupted, which could cause errors like Dev Error 1202. Besides, the DirectX version might not be compatible, halting the game from accessing the graphics module. Here is how to fix Modern Warfare Dev Error 1202.
Fix 1: Update Modern Warfare
As mentioned earlier, incompatibility among OS and game versions can cause many problems, such as OS blocking the game from accessing crucial modules. Hence, updating Modern Warfare as your first option can be a quick way to fix Dev Error 1202. Follow the steps below to update the game:
- Open Battle.net
- Locate and select Modern Warfare.
- Click on the options drop-down menu for the game.
- Click on the Check for Updates option.
- If an update is available, then do update it. After the completion, see if Error 1202 still prevails.
Fix 2: Downgrade Graphics Driver
Sometimes, the update of your graphics driver becomes incompatible with the system, in which case, downgrading the driver is your best course of action. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open Start Menu.
- Locate and open Device Manager.
- A list of devices will show up. Among them, look for Display Adapters.
- Once located, click on the drop-down menu and right-click on your graphics card.
- Head over to properties.
- Locate to the Driver tab.
- There, you’ll find a button “Roll back driver”.
Here the rollback driver button could be greyed out or not. In case it is greyed out, then follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser.
- Head over to the OEM website for the driver.
- Download an old driver from the website, taking note of your system and card specifications.
- After downloading, head over to the graphics driver and uninstall the device.
- Check the ‘Attempt to remove the driver from this device’ mark.
- Once restarted, see if the problem is fixed or not.
- However, if the rollback driver option is not greyed out. Then follow the steps below:
- Click on the Rollback driver button and confirm it.
- Once done, restart your PC and see if the problem is fixed or not.
That is all for fixes for COD Modern Warfare Dev Error 1202. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.
Tip: If you’re having driver issues, we recommend using DriverFix to scan and update all your outdated drivers in just one click. DriverFix solves your issues faster; it is easy to use and lets you know whenever a driver update is available.