Master Raids in Destiny 2 are essentially harder versions of some of the raids like Vault of Glass, Vow of the Disciple, King’s Fall, and Crota’s End. In typical Bungie fashion, however, difficulty means thorwing in extra Champions, elemental shields, and capping you at a lower Power Level. Aside from being challenging, are there any incentive of running these Master Raids? You are needed to complete these Master Raids to earn the raid-associated Seals, acquire Adept Weapons, and Master-exclusive cosmetics. Of all the Master Raids in Destiny 2, Vow of the Disciple is a pretty decent one. This guide will outline all the changes Bungie has made to the Master Mode of Vow of the Disciple in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2: Vow of the Disciple Master Changes
Before we begin, it is imp. to note that you cannot get Artifice Armor from Master Raids — these are exclusive to Master Dungeons. Also, you can now get Enhanced Perks on Adept Weapons which is why it is a good idea to hold onto godrolls. With that out of the way, here is a complete list of all the changes in Vow of the Disciple:
- Both the Glyphkeepers inside the rooms are Overload Champions.
- You will also notice Solar Shields on Taken Knights and Scorn Wraiths.
- Gjallarhorn, Le Monarque, Banner of War, Commemoration, etc. are really good for this encounter.
- The only change that you will notice during the Caretaker encounter is that the Taken Snipers are replaced by Overload Champions.
- Whenever someone shoots the correct symbols on the podium, these Overload Champions spawn — this is why it is very hard to do the challenge on Master.
From what we have seen so far, Exhibition is probably the hardest encounter in the entire raid. Here are all the changes:
- Taken Glyphkeepers are replaced by Unstoppable Champions.
- Scorn Glyphkeepers are replaced by Overload Champions.
- There are Elemental Shields on different enemies i.e. Void and Solar.
- Also, since there are a lot of Champions in this encounter, having someone on Cenotaph, Aeon, etc. are literally generate infinite Power Ammo.
Rhulk, the First Disciple
Similar to Exhibition, there are Unstoppable Champions and Overload Champions in the area.
These are all the changes in the Master version of the Vow of the Disciple. For more help on the game, be sure to check out our detailed Destiny 2 wiki page.