As you go further down the road in the first world of Chronos: Before the Ashes, you’ll find some locked doors on the way which halt your march. These locked doors may hinder or delay your progression if you can’t open them, but don’t worry there is a way to avoid that. There is a master key in the game which can open nearly all of these doors for you. In this guide, we’ll walk you through on how to get the Master Key in Chronos: Before the Ashes.
Master key in Chronos: Before the Ashes
The master key is located inside the cabinet in the Library. When you first look at it, it may look really confusing and it is because you don’t know how to get it out of there. The step by step process to get the master key is as follows:
1) Firstly, you’ll need to get the runic Stone Block and to obtain that:
a. You’ll need to take the spout from the Library fountain to the fountain beneath the Guardian room. Once you’ve done so, water will start running from the fountain or the pool.
b. Then go down the stairs opposite to the teleportation mirror (in Cyclops’ world). There you’ll find that a platform has been raised and the Cyclops Stone is up for grabs.
c. Take the Cyclops Stone and put it on the holder in front of the skull door in the library. That’ll open the door and once in, go to the very end of the pathway.
d. There’ll be a room to the right. Kill the ax enemy there and pick up the rune Stone Block lying on the table straight ahead.
2) Now that you’ve got the Stone Block, go to the mirror control room and rotate the far left rune on the dial until it reveals an empty slot. Place the rune Stone Block from your inventory there.
3) Once you’ve placed the rune there, move the dial to match it to the one displayed inside the Library cabinet.
4) If you don’t know the code, you can always go to the library, interact with the cabinet, and memorize it. Once you’ve matched the code, walk inside the mirror.
5) You’ll notice that you’ve shrunken in size and teleported inside the cabinet. Now fight your way through to the very end of the shelf, rope down to the lower level using the book string, defeat more enemies, and at the end of this shelf, you’ll find the master key.
6) Interact with the key to drop it down to the ground.
7) Teleport back to the normal world.
8) Go back to the library and you’ll find the master key lying on the floor in front of the cabinet.
And now you have the ability to unlock almost all the locked doors in world 1 of Chronos: Before the Ashes. With this key in your inventory, you’ll never stall your game progress due to locked doors again.
If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our Chronos: Before the Ashes guides hub.