Sliding is a fundamental skill in Madden 24. When mastered, it lets you easily maintain possession, protect your QB, and win more games. Doing so, however, needs practice, field awareness, and smart plays. It can be a little overwhelming if you are new to Madden 24 but nothing too complicated. In this guide, we will cover all you need to know about sliding in Madden 24.
Madden 24 Sliding
In order to perform a slide in Madden 24, you just need to rapidly press the Square / X button twice. As for PC, it is the Q key on default settings.
The important thing to note here is that sliding is all about the timing. Ideally, you want to start sliding a few steps before a defender reaches you. If you slide too early, you will lose some yards. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your decision-making.
Other than that, you should also pay attention to the first down marker. There is nothing worse than falling right before the line. This is why it is very important to be aware of your position on the field.
Tips and Tricks
- While it is pretty simple, there are some tips to help you improve even further:
- Sliding is incredibly important for your Quarterbacks (QBs) if you wish to avoid unnecessary injuries. Since they cannot carry the ball indefinitely, you should always slide to avoid fumbling.
- It may sound like a very generic advice but try to practice your timing in different scenarios to improve.
- As mentioned earlier, you should try to understand the field, learn the positioning of defenders, and predict their movement if possible.
- You should never greed for extra yards if you see a defender closing in. It is better to slide a little early than being tackled.
- Lastly, do not just rely on sliding and try to toss some other moves into the mix to throw your opponents off-guard.
This is everything we have on how to slide in Madden 24. If there is anything else that you would like to add, be sure to let us know in the comments down below!