Almost a year since making its debut on PlayStation and the Epic Game Store to critical acclaim, independent game development, and animation studio Ember Lab is excited to announce the forthcoming Anniversary Update for Kena: Bridge of Spirits on all existing platforms as well as the game’s debut on Steam.
The Anniversary Update will be the biggest piece of DLC for Kena: Bridge of Spirits to date when it launches on Tuesday, 27th September 2022, including New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, accessibility features, and more.
Available for free on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Epic Game Store, said update will be part of the expanded Kena: Bridge of Spirits also launching on Steam on the 27th of September for:
- US: $39.99 Standard | $49.99 Digital Deluxe
- UK: £39.99 Standard | £49.99 Digital Deluxe
- Europe: €39.99 Standard | €49.99 Digital Deluxe
Josh Grier had the following to say about the release:
As our debut game, Kena: Bridge of Spirits meant so much to us. We’re really excited to give fans new ways to experience Kena. One of the features we’re most excited about is New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc., and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters. We can’t wait to see new and existing players take on the new content!
One of the most talked about adventures from an indie studio in recent years, Kena: Bridge of Spirits offers players an action-adventure game that combines a compelling narrative with exploration, puzzle-solving, and fast-paced combat. The game delivers a journey of self-discovery as Kena, a young Spirit Guide, restores balance to an ancient village in a once-thriving environment.
The “Anniversary Update” will include:
- New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc, and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.
- Charmstones that are Individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.
- Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.
- An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits will release on Steam on Tuesday, September 27th along with the Anniversary Update, free for all owners.
Let us know what you think about the Kena: Bridge of Spirits Anniversary Update and the game coming to Steam.