Morale is a recurring mechanic in the Total War series. It’s essentially the representation of the confidence that your units have in a battle. There are multiple levels of morale in Total War Saga: Troy. If a unit reaches ‘broken’ morale, it’ll begin to rout which is something you should try to avoid. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about your troops’ morale and keeping it high during a battle in Total War Saga: Troy.
Total War Saga: Troy Increase Morale
Present in all Total War games, morale has sort of evolved through the years. The most important thing to know about morale is that it doesn’t have any effects whatsoever outside a battle. There are also no visible numbers indicating how much morale a unit is left with. So how does one check a unit’s morale?
A unit’s morale is represented by a bar directly under its HP bar. Depending on how you’re faring in a battle, this bar changes dynamically.
If a unit reaches zero morale, it’ll flee the battle and you won’t be able to control it anymore. It, however, doesn’t mean that the unit is lost for good. It’s entirely possible for a unit to gain a boost in morale and rejoin the battle if you somehow manage to topple your enemies.
It’s also important to know that morale isn’t a universal number – it’s different for different units. Keeping your troop’s morale high is as simple as it can get: don’t suffer major casualties and continue to take out enemy units. The following are a few tips that can help you achieve it:
- Always keep an eye out on your units and see if their morale is dwindling
- Keeping your hero alive helps boost the morale of your lesser units
- If your hero somehow falls, it’ll cripple all the units around him
- Flanks and striking multiple enemies with a single blow can boost morale
- Use your hero’s ability effectively as it can turn the tide of a battle and boost your troop’s morale by a lot
- Defeating enemy hero remains the best way of boosting your troop’s morale and destroying your enemies
That’s all we’ve got in our Total War Saga: Troy morale guide. For more help on the game, you can check out our detailed Total War Saga: Troy wiki guides.