Sons of the Forest is an exciting multiplayer game that allows players to explore a dangerous and mysterious forest together. If you’re hosting a game with friends, you may need to transfer the host to another player at some point. Luckily, this process is relatively simple and can be done easily with a few steps.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of transferring the host in Sons of the Forest, so you can continue playing with your friends without any interruptions.
How to Transfer (Change) Server Host
- Press Windows +R and type Appdata
- Go to Locallow > Endnight > Sons of the Forest > Saves > Your world folder (folder with a bunch of numbers) > Multiplayer
- Create a zip for the folder inside the multiplayer folder
- Once the zip file is created, send it to the new host via Discord or email.
- The new host should copy the zip file to their desktop and extract the files. To do this, right-click on the zip file and choose “extract all.”
- Once the files are extracted, go to the “Sons of the forest saves” folder again, and create a new folder called “multiplayer” if you don’t already have one.
- Open the “multiplayer” folder and paste the extracted files from the zip folder.
- To make sure you have your character’s inventory and other data, go to the “multiplayer client” folder and find a save file. Copy the “player inventory save data.json” file.
- Go back to the multiplayer folder and find the world you just pasted in. Right-click on the folder, go to “paste,” and choose “replace the file in this destination” if prompted.
- Launch Sons of the Forest and go to the multiplayer host screen. You should now be able to load the world that was transferred.
- If the old host still wants to play on the server with their character, they must first join the game as a new player, create a campsite, and save the game. Then, they should follow steps 1-7 to transfer their player inventory save data to the new host’s server.
You can now transfer the host in Sons of the Forest with ease. Whether you’re looking to switch up the host for convenience or to accommodate a new player, this process is straightforward and simple to follow.