There are so many paths and endings you can unlock in Cyberpunk 2077 that it is often hard to keep track. So many decisions and choices are involved that you don’t know exactly how everything will unfold. However, there is one constant when it comes to the game-ending, and that’s the hidden secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077. In this ending guide, I will explain everything you need to know on how to get the secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077.
To unlock the secret ending in “Cyberpunk 2077,” players need to follow a specific set of steps, which requires both in-game decision-making and building a strong relationship with a key character, Johnny Silverhand.
Cyberpunk 2077 Secret Ending Guide – How to Unlock Secret Ending
The secret ending is heavily contingent on the player’s relationship with Johnny Silverhand, the digital ghost and former rockstar terrorist living inside the protagonist’s head. Throughout the game, players will encounter several ‘Johnny Moments’ — critical points where they can either support Johnny’s ideas or oppose them. To secure the secret ending, players must choose options that align with Johnny’s worldview and build trust with him.
This trust is quantified in the game, though not explicitly shown. Players must achieve a high enough trust level to unlock the secret ending.
Certain missions are pivotal in strengthening the bond with Johnny. These include “Chippin’ In” and specific dialogue choices in “Tapeworm.” In “Chippin’ In,” players should opt to take a more understanding and empathetic approach towards Johnny and his past.
Secret Ending Dialogue Options In “Chippin’ In
- [Inscribe Johnny’s Initials] “Let’s do something about that.”
- “The Guy who Saved My Life.”
- “Nah, fucked that up too.”
- “What do you want from me?”
- “OK. But as second chances go, this is your last.”
- “You were a real dick in the beginning.”
- “When you said you let down your friends…”
- “Smasher biz really got to her.”
- “Yeah, I’ll call Rogue.”
Secret Ending Dialogue Options In Nocture OP55N1
- “Think you and Rogue should go”
- During the subsequent dialogue choice, where you’re presented with the options to ‘put this to rest,’ ingest the pseudoendotrizine, or inform Johnny you ‘need a minute,’ just wait.
- Continuously shift your gaze among Johnny, the firearm, and the medication, and after a while, he’ll propose a different solution — a solo mission where he suggests storming into Arasaka by himself.
After the mission “Nocturne Op55N1,” players will reach the point of no return. At this stage, V will have a crucial conversation with Johnny at the oil fields.
The Secret Ending Mission
The Cyberpunk 2077 secret ending mission, Don’t Fear the Reaper,” is notoriously challenging, designed to test the player’s skills to their limits. It’s essential to be well-prepared with the best gear, weapons, and cyberware. Every combat choice, hacking decision, and stealth approach must be calculated to survive this grueling mission.
How To Keep Track Of Your Relationship With Johnny Silverhand
- Accessing the Menu: To view your current standing with Johnny, you need to navigate to the game’s main menu. This can be done by pressing “I” on PC, the Touchpad on PlayStation, or the View button on Xbox.
- Locating the Relationship Status: Once in the menu, look towards the top of the screen. You’ll see three prominent icons. Focus on the middle one; this represents your relationship with Johnny Silverhand. Below this icon is a percentage figure, indicating the strength of your bond with him.
Additional Notes On Secret Ending
The secret ending has nothing to do with the “path of least resistance” option, even though there is mention of suicide. Instead, V and Johnny will try to raid Arasaka Tower solo, which is an extremely difficult challenge.
It is highly recommended that you don’t go for this option until and unless you’re fully equipped and familiar with the game’s mechanics. You need elite-level weapons and Cyberware and a maxed-out character build.
If you get killed during the secret ending situation, you can’t try again from your last checkpoint. This means you only have one shot at getting the secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077. If you fail, the game’s credits will roll, and it’s all over.
The secret ending path requires you to find your own way through Arasaka Tower’s main entrance, find the elevator, and create a path to Mikoshi through the Netrunner operation area. All of these areas appear in other endings, so it is best that you complete the game at least once before attempting the secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077.
There will be a ton of high-level enemies determined to stop you. Take time to study your inventory and get the best weapons, equipment, and resources before trying to get the Cyberpunk 2077 secret ending.
And that’s how you get the secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077. You can also check out our guide on where you can find all of Misty’s tarot cards.