FIFA has always been at the top among sports video games, and with FIFA 23, nothing has changed. However, players report issues with the latest update, complaining that they couldn’t play FIFA 23 as the update doesn’t download. Players report the anti-cheat error when launching FIFA 23, and here are the fixes.
One reason behind the anti-cheat error could be an incomplete installation, resulting in corrupt files. An outdated launcher can also be a reason for the Anticheat issue. Re-installing the launcher for your game might help to eradicate that.
Nevertheless, these errors are quite common among games and require just a bit of your attention to fix them.
Fix 1 – Check the Server Status
FIFA 23 servers might be busy, causing the anti-cheat error as it fails to authenticate. It may be that the developers are working on a bug and need to shut down the servers temporarily. Either way, knowing the root cause determines the appropriate fix for it.
A third-party service, named Downdetector (https://downdetector.com/) is commonly used to check server status for many games.
Type FIFA 23 in the search bar and press Enter on your keyboard. After that, the current server state for your game will be listed. If it is reporting a problem, then you can just wait for the server to stabilize and turn on.
Fix 2 – Reinstall Anticheat
An incomplete and unstable installation for EA Anticheat may cause this error. So, reinstalling it after uninstalling it might work out.
- First, get to the EA Anticheat folder by copying and pasting the following address into your file explorer:
- C:\Program Files\EA\AC
- Then, run the file as administrator by Right clicking EAanticheatinstaller.exe.
- You can select Fifa23 from the screen’s drop-down menu at the top right corner. After that, the anti-cheat will uninstall.
- Once done, click on install.
- After that, try running the game directly from its executable.
Fix 3 – Repair Corrupt Files
This fix was reported to be the most reliable as it worked out for many FIFA 23 players.
- To apply this, just launch Origin.
- Go to My Library and open FIFA 23.
- After that, find the settings icon near the play button.
- Then, click on repair and wait for it to complete.
Once the processing completes, the game will launch without any errors or crashes.
Fix 4 – Uninstall Unnecessary Anticheat
Uninstalling every other Anticheat application on your PC can also fix this problem. This fix is a little complicated, so just follow the steps below:
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run Program. Open the Control Panel via the Run Program.
- Then, look for the Programs section and head there.
- After that, look for Faceit Anticheat.
- Then, uninstall Faceit Anticheat by right-clicking your mouse and selecting the Uninstall option.
After uninstalling, restart your system to refresh things and run FIFA 23 again.
I hope the solutions have worked out for you, and if they haven’t, then look at them again in case you’ve skipped a step or two by mistake. If you are facing other errors and issues with FIFA 23, then also see our errors and fixes for the game.