DayZ is server base game and is developed by Bohemian Interactive. Before the launch of DayZ, it was in its fiver year beta phase that was available on PC in 2018. After a year, it was then available for Xbox One and PS4. Because of the large-scale texture and map that is spread over a large the chances of bugs are most likely to happen. So in this guide, we will try to explain how to fix bios errors in DayZ.
- Error Code: 0x00050018
- Reason For this Error: Server base error mainly due to downtime or maintenance.
How to Fix Dayz Bios Error
This bios error doesn’t need to be always under the same code. In Xbox, it may appear as “502 Bad Gateway”. So here are some solutions that might help you to fix this bios error in DayZ.
- A restart of the Game or System
- Run the game as an administrator
- Verify integrity of game files
- Check server status of PSN and steam
- Check your Network Connection
Restart the Game or the System
Before doing anything complex, the first step you need to fix the bios error in days is to restart the game. If the game restart doesn’t help, try restarting your system. This is the old method to fix most game errors, and most of the time, it works.
Run The Game As Administrator
To set this option, there are two ways to enable this option. Enabling the game to run as an administrator will allow the game to use more network features and more access to the system.
- Go to the main directory of the game where it is installed. You will find it in Steam drives.
- The file with file extension .exe that you use to run the game right-click on it and choose “Run as administrator,” and click on yes to confirm the changes.
- To run as an administrator is also accessible if you right-click on the game and go to the properties of the game.
- From properties, click on the compatibility tab and tick the one on which “run this program as an administrator.”
- Click Apply to save the changes and check if the Bios error still exists.
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
Sometimes if the game is interrupted abruptly, some files get corrupted or go missing. This can also cause Bios errors in DayZ. To fix this one, PC gamers can follow these steps.
- Turn the game off and ensure it’s not running in the background.
- From Steam’s library, go to game Dayz and click on the gear icon.
- From properties, click on the local files that will be on the left side of the screen. Select “Verify Integrity of game files.”
- Steam will search for any missing or corrupt files that need to be downloaded. This process will take about 5-15 minutes, that depends on the game size.
Check Server Status of PSN and Steam
Sometimes there is no issue with the game itself. The error arises due to the downtime of Steam itself. To check the Playstation network services, simply go to the Official Server Status website to see if it’s not down.
On the other hand, users on steam can check the VAlve’s multiplayer servers on Steam DB Server Tracker.
Check your Network Connection
The last thing that you can do is check your internet connection. We recommend using an ethernet cable with an internet speed of 4Mb/s.
Some times server may be working well, and still; you experience a bios error. That’s why we have listed possible fixes. Because there is no official statement from the game developers on how the players can avoid or fix these errors.
This is all you need to know about on How To Fix Bios Error In Dayz. If you need more help, check out our Tech Help Hub.