Ensemble’s Refrain is Atheon’s raid challenge in VoG. The challenge requires three people inside either Venus or Mars to shoot just one Oracle per Oracle Wave. While seemingly simple, the raid challenge can be a little tough to manage – especially when it comes to uncoordinated fireteams. In this guide, we have provided an in-depth tutorial on how to complete the Atheon Challenge, Ensemble’s Refrain, in Vault of Glass.
Vault of Glass Atheon Raid Challenge (Ensemble’s Refrain)
Before we begin, do note that there are a couple of differences in Master and Normal difficulty modes: there are Barrier champions in Venus/Mars and aerial units such as flying Harpies deal increased damage. As for recommended Supers, weapons, try to use the following:
- Thundercrash with Cuirass of the FallingStar, Well of Riddance with Lunafaction Boots and Fusion Grenades, Golden Gun with Celestial Nighthawk and Tripmine Grenades, Chaos Reach with Geomag Stabilizers, etc.
- Xenophage, Anarchy, Salvager’s Salvo, Scout Rifle with Explosive Payload, Plug-1, Null Composure
As for the encounter, this is how it should play out:
- Begin the encounter and clear the room. It is a good practice to leave one flying Harpy alive on both sides as it prevents the next wave from spawning in.
- Three people who get teleported to Venus/Mars should run all the way back to the platform at the far end of the area. This should let them shoot the Oracles in peace without having to deal with waves of enemies, Praetorians, and a Barrier champion – only in VoG: Master.
- When the three Oracles appear, remember that one player can only destroy one Oracle. And before anyone asks, the Relic-holder must also destroy an Oracle. It is not hard since the Relic-holder can drop it, destroy the Oracle, and pick it up again. Do this for a total of three waves of Oracles.
- In the main area, one person should be responsible for calling out Oracles while the other two should work on opening the portal. Things like Anarchy, Salvager’s Salvo, etc. are incredible for dealing with Harpies. Also, do note that flying units deal a lot of damage in VoG: Master so do not shy away from stepping off the plate for a while if things get too tough to manage.
- Shortly after calling out the third set of Oracles, people in the main area should set up a Well of Riddance, Ward of Dawn, Breach & Clear, etc., and get ready to DPS the boss. Also, try to keep an eye out on the ‘Imminent Detain’ debuff as it can screw the entire team.
- Keep on repeating until done. It can be a little tough to beat Atheon in 1-2 phases, especially when playing at the Master difficulty.
Completing the raid challenge in Vault of Glass: Master will reward Collective Measure (Timelost) and a chance to get Adept Mods. It is also needed to complete the Fatebreaker title.
That is all we have got in how to complete the Atheon Challenge, Ensemble’s Refrain, in Vault of Glass. For more help on the game, feel free to check out our detailed Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer wiki page.