In Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord your party is the most important thing. You can hire troops and companions that will help you in the battle to take down the toughest enemies. Heroes aka companions can’t be killed in battle so getting the best ones to help. What else helps is making efforts to boost morale so you may be wondering how to increase morale in Mount and Blade 2? Well, we explain everything in our guide.
Morale in Bannerlord impacts various aspects of your party. If it drops too low, your troops might desert, seeking better opportunities elsewhere. You can monitor your party’s morale in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. This section displays several vital stats, including gold, influence, hitpoints, party size, food quantity, and morale. Hovering over the morale stat reveals a breakdown of factors influencing that number.
How to Boost Morale in Mount and Blade 2
Morale affects how your team performs in certain areas. For example, if your party has low morale it can impact movement speed. If things get too bad, your party members may desert you which means fighting your own battles. And that’s not a good thing in Mount and Blade 2. You can boost party morale in Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord by winning battles and tournaments. Moreover, you can complete various quests and make sure you have an ample supply of food.
Take a look at the bottom right of the screen to see how much food your party consumes and how many days of food you have left. Also, work on your leadership skills to boost morale. Lack of food, failing quests, and poor leadership can lower your party morale. One thing to keep in mind is that going into battle more than 1 or 2 times can impact morale negatively so don’t overdo it.
General Tips for Maintaining High Morale
- Stay Funded: Ensure you always have enough gold to pay your troops and purchase supplies.
- Keep Food Stocks High: Regularly replenish your food supplies and aim for variety.
- Avoid Unfavorable Battles: Engaging in battles you’re unlikely to win can be a morale killer. Strategize and pick your battles wisely.
- Monitor Morale Regularly: Regularly check the morale breakdown to address any emerging issues promptly.
There are six morale modifiers.
- Base Morale – this stat is your base morale and it should always be 50
- Party Size – Add more troops to your party to increase morale
- Leadership – Leadership skill provides a morale bonus
- Food Variety – Don’t just feed your troops, feed them well
- Recent Events – Winning battles and completing quests helps morale
- Pay Wages – Every 168 hours you need to pay wages to your troops and if you don’t you will lose morale. You need gold to pay and we have some great gold farming tips.
That’s all you need to know in order to maintain healthy party morale in Mount and Blade 2: If you need more help check out Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Wiki.