Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have today launched the cult management sim Honey, I Joined a Cult into version 1.0. Placing players as the architect of their very own cult, they will design every aspect to the cult leader’s exacting standards, building everything from energy spas to spirit chambers, ensuring their would-be followers have everything they need on their journey to enlightenment. Running a successful cult is no mean feat, players will need to balance cultists’ happiness, handle meddling outsiders, and manage their leader’s inflated ego to keep things running smoothly, their followers devoted, and profits up.
Update 1.0 includes interactive police raids and protests, a difficulty selection system, a help manual, a carpeting system, steam cards, and achievements, alongside new in-game content and customization options, balancing improvements, and quality of life changes. The full launch also introduces free DLC available for all players who own Honey, I Joined a Cult before 10th November (including all purchases made throughout early access) and features cosmetics from other Team17 published titles, including The Escapists, The Survivalists, the Worms franchise, Blasphemous, Yooka-Laylee, and Narita Boy.
During its time in Steam Early Access, Honey, I Joined a Cult received major content updates that increased the variety of cults and significantly expanded its game mechanics. The Peace & Love update introduced six new themed rooms, two brand-new endings to explore, new outfits, and a rework of the tutorial and prestige system. In March 2022, the Futurist Update took Honey I Joined a Cult to the final frontier, introducing new themed rooms, special characters and missions, new items, and updates to the Divine Inspiration and Research Tech trees.
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Exploit your followers: Strange and exciting quack therapies offer great opportunities to extract cash from the gullible.
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organization’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow your money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or just get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – world peace or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would-be cult leaders can purchase Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now for US$14.73/ €14.73 / £11.72 (price inclusive of 35% launch week discount). Let us know what you think about the game coming to Steam and whether or not you are interested in checking it out.