Ghostrunner PC is facing errors and issues like the crash at launch, Fatal Error, LowLevelFatalError, in-game crash, UE4-Ghostrunner Crash, stuttering, Access Denied (0x5), and more. Here I have compiled a list of errors and issues that PC players are experiencing with Ghostrunner along with their fixes and workarounds.
Ghostrunner Crash, Fatal Error, And Fixes
Ghostrunner is a fast-paced action game full of parkour and requires fast reflexes from the players. While the game is well optimized but, PC players are reporting errors and issues with Ghostrunner like Fatal Error, LowLevelFatalError, crash at launch, Access Denied (0x5), UE4-Ghostrunner Crash, stuttering, in-game crash, and more.
The following are the errors and issues that PC players are experiencing with the game along with their possible fixes and workarounds.
Fatal Error Fix
Fatal Errors is one of the errors that Ghostrunner PC players are experiencing. According to them, they are experiencing the error either when they launch the game or randomly while playing after the game crashes. Here are the fixes.
- One reason for the Ghostrunner Fatal Error is the use of the controllers for some reason. Players have reported that when they attach controllers with their PC, the game crashes and shows Fatal Error. Unplug any controller you have and the error will be fixed.
- Another reason for this particular error to pop up is the use of a Sharpening filter on Nvidia GPUs through the Control Panel. Apparently, Unreal Engine has issues with the Sharpening filter with specific driver versions. Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings. Select the game from the drop-down menu and turn off Image Sharpening. This will fix the Fatal Error.
- For those of you facing the error on Windows 7, you might be missing important OS updates. Download and install this update and the issue will be resolved If the error isn’t fixed then installing the update KB3080149 will fix it.
- For those of you facing the Fatal Error when the game crashes randomly if the above fixes haven’t worked for you, the issue might be the GPU. Either the GPU is overclocked, old, or the game could be putting an unreasonable load on the GPU. If the GPU is overclocked, then revert it back to its default GPU clock even if its factory overclocked. In case the GPU is old, use MSI Afterburner and reduce the GPU clock by 100 Mhz.
- If you don’t want to mess with the GPU clock, then players can cap the Ghostrunner’s Max FPS. Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > select “Ghostrunner”. Turn on “Max FPS LImit” and set the value to 30. This will lock the game at 30 FPS and will reduce CPU and GPU load and will stop Ghostrunner from crashing.
- Those who are facing the Ghostrunner Fatal Error while playing the game on Linus using Proton. Just update the Proton and the error will be fixed.
- Fatal Error could also be occurring if you are using RGB light software for your peripherals. If you are, uninstall or disable them. this will fix the error.
- Another reason for the Fatal error is the audio output. Open Setting > System > Sound > click “Sound Control Panel”. A new window will open. Select your active audio device in the Playback Devices tab and click Properties. Go to the advanced tab and select the value lower than the already selected. For some players, the Fatal error fixed by setting the audio output to 32 bit 96000Hz. This will fix the Fatal error for Ghostrunner.
UE4-Ghostrunner Crash, LowLevelFatalError Fix
According to Ghostrunner PC players, they are getting the following error while trying to play the game.
The UE4-Ghostrunner Game has crashed and will close
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 258]
Direct3DDevice->CreateShaderResourceView[TextureResource,&SRVDesc ShaderResourceView.GetInitReference()) failed
with error E_INVALIDARG
One reason behind this error could be the GPU driver. Update your GPU driver or just try installing another driver version for your GPU. Make sure to do a clean installation. This will fix the error.
If you are facing the UE4-Ghostrunner crash or LowLevelFatalError while playing and the game randomly crashing, you could try locking the game’s max FPS. See under “Fatal Error Fix” to check how to lock the game’s max FPS. Do that and this error will be fixed.
Ghostrunner players are reporting that the game is crashing randomly while playing. There are multiple reasons behind this issue and here are the fixes.
One reason for the game to crash could be the use of third-party tools and software like MSI Afterburn and RivaTuner. Disable any third-party software you are using along with Steam overlay and GeForce Experience Overlay. This will fix the game’s random crash.
Another reason for the Ghostrunner crashing issue could be the GPU. Either it’s overclocked or old. Revert it back to its default clock speed if its’ overclocked even if it’s factory overclocked. Alternatively, players can lock the game’s max FPS. See under “Fatal Error Fix” to check how to lock the game’s max FPS. This will fix the Ghostrunner crash issue.
Access Denied (0x5) Error Fix
Access Denied is another error that Ghostrunner players are experiencing and here is how to fix it.
One reason for the Access Denied (0x5) Error could be the lack of admin rights. Right-click the Steam’s exe > properties > Compatibility tab > check “run this program as administrator” and hit apply. After that, do the same for the Ghostrunner’s exe file.
In case the error persists, then it might be Ransomware Protection causing the error. Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage ransomware protection > Turn off controlled folder access. This will fix the Access Denied (0x5) Error.
Game Not Starting, Crash At Startup Fix
A lot of players are reporting that they are unable to play the game as it crashes at launch or doesn’t launch at all. There are a number of reasons behind the Ghostrunner crash at launch issue and here are the fixes.
One reason could be the lack of admin rights. Right-click the Game’s exe > properties > Compatibility tab > check “run this program as administrator” and hit apply.
Alternatively, go to your Steam library > right-click Ghostrunner > Properties > Local Files tab > click Browse Local Files. Launch the game directly from its exe. Chances are, players will get an error similar to vcruntime140_1.dll or MSVCP140.dll Was Not Found”. To fix this, install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables both x64 and x86 versions.
Your anti-virus/Windows Security might be blocking important games files and causing Ghostrunner to crash at launch. Either disable real-time protection or exclude the game’s install folder from it. After that, verify game files and the issue will be fixed.
Low FPS, Stuttering Fix
PC games have always had performance issues and Ghostrunner is no exception as players are reporting low FPS and stuttering issues with the game. Here is how to fix these stuttering and low FPS issues.
First, make sure you have installed the latest GPU driver. Open Task Manager and check if there is any process using too much CPU, GPU, or HDD. Wait for the process to complete and if it takes too long, then terminate it.
Launch the game and disable in-game v.sync and then close the game. Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > select “Ghostrunner” and make the following changes.
Set “Power Management Mode” to “Prefer Maximum Performance”
Set “Texture Filtering- Quality” to “High Performance”
Set Vertical sync to “On”
Apply these changes and not only stuttering will be fixed but, players will also see a potential boost in the game’s performance.
That is all for our Ghostrunner fixes for errors and issues like Fatal Error, crash at launch, UE4-Ghostrunner Crash, LowLevelFatalError, in-game crash, stuttering, and more. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.