Windows 11 has been confirmed and it is going to release later this year. The new operating system improves on Windows 10 and takes some notes from Apple as well. How you can get Windows 11 for free you ask? In this article, we are going to go over just that.
Getting Windows 11 For Free
While Windows 11 is expected to release in October 2021, you can get it for free if you already have a legit copy of Windows 10. The catch is that you will have to wait until early 2022 when the upgrade path unlocks and Microsoft allows existing Windows 10 users to upgrade to Windows 11.
While existing Windows 10 users will be upgraded to the new OS, this does not include Windows 10 Pro S users. You can switch out of S mode if you are interested in getting Windows 11 for free.
You do need to make sure that your PC meets the requirements for Windows 11 which are mentioned as follows:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
- Display: > 9″ with HD Resolution (720p)
Home Vs Pro: What Is The Difference?
There are two versions of Windows 11; Home and Pro. If you are interested in the upgrade then you must be wondering what the difference between the two is. Home is going to be the go-to for most people. Pro is for enterprise or business users that need extra security and other features. The following are the additional features that are included in Windows 11 Pro:
- Mobile device management
- Group policy
- Enterprise state roaming with Azure
- Microsoft Store for business
- Assigned access
- Dynamic provisioning
- Windows update for business
- Kiosk mode set-up
- Support for active directory
- Support for Azure active directory
This is what you need to know about getting Windows 11 free.