The world of Genshin Impact may seem entirely static at first, but it isn’t and you can level it up by increasing your Adventure Rank. Teyvat is full of exciting loot and enemies and to access that you’ll need to upgrade the World Level. It’ll not only give you better loot but also tougher enemies and better gear to face off those enemies. In this guide, we’ll explain how you can increase the World Level in Genshin Impact.
How to Increase World Level in Genshin Impact
World Level system is introduced at the starting of the game via some prompts during the tutorial, however, it’s easily forgettable because it’s not as prominent as the other features and it’ll take nearly 10-20 hours of gameplay before the World Level feature has any impact on your gameplay.
World Level upgrade is directly tied to your Adventure Rank and you’ll have to reach certain Adventure Rank levels in order to increase the World Level. The moment your World Level is increased, more powerful enemies will start to appear in Teyvat and you’ll receive better loot, rewards, and gear. You’ll also unlock high ranked domains on the way, which are the best places to farm artifacts and rewards.
How to Increase World Level?
You’ll have to focus on your Adventure Rank as World Level upgrades are dependent on it. Once you reach Adventure Rank 20, the world will automatically upgrade to level 1.
From then on, the World Level will increase after every 5 level increases in Adventure Rank. For some upgrades, there’ll be a requirement to complete “Adventure Rank Ascension” quests which will appear in your quests list once you reach certain Adventure Ranks. The requirements to upgrade on different World Levels currently available are as follows:
World Level Requirements
- World Level 0: Unlocked by default when you start the game
- World Level 1: Unlocked automatically after you reach Adventure Rank 20 and visit the Adventure Guild
- World Level 2: Unlocked once you complete Adventure Rank Ascension 1 quest after Adventure Rank 25
- World Level 3: Unlocked automatically after you reach Adventure Rank 30 and visit the Adventure Guild
- World Level 4: Unlocked once you complete Adventure Rank Ascension 2 quest after Adventure Rank 35
In regard to the Adventure Rank, it feeds on EXP and you can boost your Exp earnings using some tips which are as follows:
- You might’ve noticed that in some story missions, you end up fighting in dungeons.
- Remember that these dungeons are not domains and have generous loot and Exp in store for you. Just make sure that you take your time to explore these dungeons.
- You can also fight weekly bosses to gain a handsome amount of EXP and loot.
- You can also offer collectibles available in the game (Anemoculi and Geoculi) to “Statue of the Seven”. Doing so will award you with Exp and Stamina.
- Another easy to follow method is to use the Adventurer’s handbook as a reference to what you should be doing to gain the most amount of Exp by putting in the least amount of effort. You can complete your 4 daily commissions each day to gain easy EXP.