The world of Genshin Impact is pretty huge and exploring, it may seem limitless. Due to its size, it requires a lot of time to explore or simply travel in the game. However, there is a way to fast travel to locations you’ve already explored through special waypoints. In this guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about how to unlock fast travel in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Unlock Fast Travel
Waypoints are small pillars you can interact with. They’re reddish in color and once you interact with them, they change their color to blue and are permanently unlocked. You can fast travel at any time using these unlocked waypoints by accessing them on the map.
You can only fast travel in the game using waypoints so you’ll need to unlock them first. To unlock a waypoint, simply view the map and you’ll see washed out pillar icons. Once you interact with them they’ll become colored with a bluish glow. These colored waypoints are the ones that can be utilized at the moment. To fast travel or utilize a waypoint:
- Open map from the main menu
- You’ll see teleport locations scattered all over the map
- Then click or hover over the waypoint you want to travel to
- You will see a prompt on the right side of the screen with two options; “Teleport” and “Cancel”
- Click or press the “Teleport” button and after a brief loading screen you’ll fast travel to that location
Another thing you’ll need to make your gameplay more efficient in terms of time is to be on a constant hunt for these waypoints as some of them are located in pretty odd places such as Hilltops and top of the towers.
That’s all you need to know about Fast Travel in Genshin Impact. To learn more about the game, you can check out our detailed Genshin Impact wiki guides.