Forza Horizon 5 puts a lot of emphasis on drifting. There are quite a few challenges that require the player to drift through various zones across Mexico. In this guide, we have shared some tips and tricks that will help the players learn how to properly drift in Forza Horizon 5.
Forza Horizon 5 Drifting Tips
Drifting in Forza Horizon 5 relies on mechanics more than anything else. But when done right, it is arguably the most satisfying thing to do in the game. Not to mention a lot of challenges require the player to drift through Mexico. But how does one drift in Forza Horizon 5? Below, we have shared some tips that will help the player drift a lot better:
- It is a good idea to use a car that has got the rear-wheel drive. Things like top speed, horsepower, etc. also help a little. Also, do note that there is also a ‘Formula Drift Car Pack’ that features a lot of vehicles that are suitable for the specific purpose.
- Using the Manual Shift mode is much better but it is also exponentially harder without investing a lot of time.
- The player should try to stay on the road as much as possible. Going off-road instantly breaks the streak.
- While the Manual Shift mode is preferred by highly skilled players, Automatic Shift mode is more beginner-friendly. To begin, enter the zone at a high speed, tap the E-break a little, turn it into the zone, and immediately accelerate. A good idea is to let the car keep on sliding using the E-break. Keep on chaining the same sequence repeatedly.
- Lastly, do note that it requires a lot of practice. Keep at it until it becomes natural.
This is all we have got in how to drift in the game. For more help on the game, be sure to check out our detailed Forza Horizon 5 wiki page.