Players have reported that Age of Wonders 4 mods are not working properly and that when they launch the game with mods, the mods are not loaded. If you are using One Drive then that could be the causing the problem. In this Age of Wonders 4 guide, we go over how you can fix the issue of mods not working with One Drive.
Age Of Wonders 4 Mods Not Working Withe One Drive Fix
This issue can occur if you are using One Drive. The mods get put in your documents folder, however, that documents folder can be an One Drive folder which isn’t an absolute location, meaning the game has trouble finding and loading in the mod content when enabled. You can follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- Go to One Drive -> Settings
- Remove the Documents folder from the Backup list
- Navigate to the OneDrive/Documents folder, go to Properties -> Location tab
- Change the location of the Documents folder to a local folder on the same drive.
- Move the files from the OneDrive folder to the new Documents folder
- Optional: Unlink your PC from OneDrive and reinstall it.
- Unsubscribe and Resubscribe to the mods you’d like to enable.
- Launch the game again, make sure to add the mods to a playset, and set it as your active playset
This is a workaround by the developer and the team is working on a fix so that the above-mentioned steps do not need to be followed in the future.
This is how you can fix mods not working in Age of Wonders 4 with One Drive. To learn more about the game you can check out our cheat codes guide. You can also check out our guide on how you can fix crashes on PC.