Windows Hello was first introduced in 2015, and since then, it has grown to accommodate the Windows user base with easy and secured access to their devices. It uses fingerprint, iris detection, and face recognition technologies to provide a service that has made its customers’ lives easier. Recently though, an error relating to face recognition has been surfacing in the windows community, which has caused some discomfort logging into the device. Here is how to fix the facial recognition not available error.
How To Fix Facial Recognition Not Available
After thorough research into the matter, we’ve gathered the reasons and solutions for the problem at hand from the best and most legitimate sources out there. Face recognition is a very straightforward service that does not include many intricacies and is far from being a multifaceted problem. However, problems are part of systems, software, and hardware, and this is no exception.
One reason for failed face recognition could be rusty drivers for biometric and imaging services. It could be that your drivers for it are outdated or even missing. Apart from that, the error could be due to a problem in the backend system itself. It may be that the Windows is not updated or perhaps infested with corrupted system files. However, the problem is solvable and has quick and easy fixes.
Fix 1: Reinstallation of Biometrics Driver
As mentioned earlier, the most probable root cause for your problem is an issue related to drivers. Either they are outdated or missing. So, follow the steps below to fix this:
- Open Start Menu.
- In the search bar, search for Device Manager and open it.
- A list of devices will show up.
- In the list, look for the Biometrics Driver.
- Click on the Windows Hello Face software.
- Next, click on the Uninstall device option.
After the uninstallation is carried out, restart your PC and after reboot, see if the problem still prevails or not. If it still does, then continue reading for more fixes.
Fix 2: Reset Face Recognition
Another attempt at fixing your problem is to start your service in a clean state. As mentioned earlier, it might be that your system is infected with corrupt files that might be interfering with and disturbing the smooth working of face recognition. So, in this fix, we’ll go over the steps of resetting the facial recognition service completely.
- Open Start.
- Locate Settings and open it.
- A list of settings will appear; among them, look for Accounts.
- Open Accounts and look for Sign-in Options and open it.
- Next to it in the right place, look for the Windows Hello Face option and click on Remove.
- After it is removed, go over and click on Get Started.
- A series of instructions will appear to reset your face recognition security. Follow them.
- Add whatever details it asks for and restart your PC.
- After that, see if your problem has been solved.
That is all for our fixes for the Facial Recognition Not Available error for Windows Hello. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC, then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.