Diablo 4 Season of Blood (season 2) introduces loads of changes, buffs, and rebalances, not to mention a boost to XP gains, allowing players to level up much faster. So, with all these changes, which class should you play in season 2? In this Diablo 4 guide, I cover which classes are the best to play in Season of Blood.
Best Class For Diablo 4 Season Of Blood
Rogue – Best Overall
You will want to play the Rogue class in Diablo 4 Season of Blood for the same reasons as Season One. The Rogue has great skills and impressive movement speed. The class is squishy, so it cannot take a lot of damage, but it can deal a lot of damage. Basically, the Rogue is good at pretty much everything other than survivability, but the class has dodges to help it survive. The Rogue is the best at speed, and it can beat a Druid and Barbarian at leveling up quickly.
In terms of builds, the Twisting Blades build is one of the best, but you can pretty much use anything that you like. I myself use an archer build that is a lot of fun paired with poison traps and other imbuements. Rogues do require a lot of skill since there is a lot of dodging, moving around, and getting in and out of combat.
Season 2 Changes
- Heartseeker: Critical Strike Chance bonus effect increased from 3% to 5% per stack. Max cap is 15%.
- Forceful Arrow: Lucky Hit Chance increased from 40% to 50%.
- Countering Dark Shroud: Requires 2 active shadows rather than 4.
- Caltrops: Duration increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
- Enhanced Smoke Grenade: Damage increased from 20% to 25%.
- Eaglehorn: Penetrating shot has a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery. Hitting 5 enemies with this will cause the next cast to make enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- Blade Shift: Lucky Hit Chance increased from 35% to 50%. Now gives a full 20% movement speed buff immediately.
Note: For the sake of simplicity, I have not included all the changes for the different classes. You can check out the patch notes on the official site.
Necromancer – Best At Leveling
Necromancer is one of the best classes in Diablo 4 right now, especially with all the changes that Season of the Blood introduces. While this class is slow to move around, the Blood Surge ability allows it to kill mobs fast and level up fast. You can easily get to level 50 using the Blood Surge ability. This is an intelligence-based class, so the more intelligence you have, the more damage you do and the higher your resistance.
Some of the best builds for Necromancer include:
- Corpse Explosion
- Minion Build
- Blood Lance
- Infinimist Necro
Season 2 Changes
- Minions Inherit Thorns Affix: If you are interested in running a Thorns Minions build, then that has got a lot better due to the Minions Inherit Thorns Affix.
- Minion Damage Chances: Skirmisher’s base attack increased from 0.11 to 0.14, Defenders from 0.11 to 0.14, Golem damage doubled, Blood Golem active damage increased from 0.9 to 1.4, Iron Golem from 0.9 to 1.4.
- Tankier Necro: The Necromancer is also going to get tankier since shields now have armor value, and cooldown reduction can appear on shields.
- Rathma’s Vigor: After being healthy for 12 seconds, your next Blood Skill Overpowers. This timer is reduced by 2 seconds every time Blood Orbs Heal or Overheal you for an amount equal to or greater than your base HP. This will make your Overpowers more common.
- Transfusion: Lucky Hit – Blood Skills have a 3-9% chance on hit to spawn a Blood Orb. It can happen once every 4 seconds, and the chance is doubled against bosses.
Barbarian – Easiest To Play
The Barbarian is one of the easiest classes to play and gets really strong in the end-game, but the Diablo 4 class does lack mobility and does have a lot of area of effect skills. Barbarians do not typically have ranged attacks and need to get into melee range. This is not the class that I would recommend for casual players who do not have a lot of time to play Diablo 4 and might need to level up faster. Basically, the early part of the game is going to be tricky with Barbarian, but the class gets really good later on.
To make the most out of Barbarian, you will need to build into:
- Something with bleed
- Double Swing
Season 2 Changes
- Multiplicative Berserk Damage: Bonus damage granted while Berserking is active is now multiplicative rather than additive.
- Mighty War Cry: Fortify amount changed from being based on base life to maximum life.
- Supreme Wrath of the Berserker: Maximum damage bonus is now x100% bonus damage.
- Enhanced Rupture: Damage is increased by x10% for each 50-strength.
- Warrior’s Rupture: Attack speed increased from 30% to 40%.
- Fighter’s Rupture: Healing increased from 18% to 22% maximum life.
- Endless Fury: Fury gain increased from 5-15% to 7-21%.
- Imposing Presence: Maximum life increased from 5-15% to 6-18%.
- Martial Vigor: Damage reduction against elites increased from 3-9% to 4-12%.
These are some class recommendations for Diablo 4 Season of Blood or Season 2. If you are interested in learning more about the game, then you can check out our Diablo 4 guides hub.