Update: Thanks to 100 Resilience and Arc 3.0 being absolutely broken for Hunters and Titans, Lightblade is much more manageable in the Season of Plunder.
Lightblade is easily one of the toughest Grandmasters to appear in Destiny 2. From getting one-shot left and right to a boss room without much cover, this Grandmaster NF can be a pain, even for the most competitive teams. In this Destiny 2 guide, we have shared some tips and tricks to help people complete the Lightblade NF on Grandmaster.
Destiny 2 Lightblade Grandmaster Tips
Below, we have shared some tips and tricks to help people through this NF:
- Stand near the beginning and damage the boss a little to force him out of the room.
- Suppressor Grenades, Stasis, Shadowshot, and Storm Grenades can be really effective against Lightbearers.
- During the second-half of the ferryboat-section, do not stay on it. Jump off, defeat enemies from a distance, and use the edges on left/right to push ahead. There should be a portal at the end to progress forward.
- Take it slow during the swamp. It is a good idea to clear all the Moths, Screebs, and Raiders in the area. Also, make sure to reset the ‘Darkness’ debuff whenever possible. After one person makes it to the end, the ‘Darkness’ debuff, Screebs, etc. disappear but the Moths stay. If 2 people die in the swamp, the last person can try to make it to the end before coming back to get the revives.
- If you are on a Arc 3.0 subclass, you can just Amplify yourself and run past everything. Somehow, the Speed Boost gained from being Amplified stays even if you have got Weight of Darkness debuff. You just need to make sure that it does not hit 10x.
- It is a good idea to defeat the Ogres from the top. Another thing to note that Screebs can jump up to the ledge but they will not explode unless you shot them so it is a good idea to avoid them.
- Boss can aggro. one player but can quickly switch it to another player. The remaining people who do not have the boss’ aggro. should try to deal with Anti-barrier Champions, Acolytes, and Thralls in the room. You can check out this YouTube video by ATP that should help you force the spawns of Barrier Knights in specific positions.
- Whenever the boss reaches the HP threshold, you should try to deal with the Lightbearer but leave the Arc-shielded Knights alone. Grab ammo, Orbs of Power, recharge your Supers, and only then defeat the last Arc Knight.
During the boss battle, adds spawn depending on how much damage has been dealt to the boss. Below, we have attached a neat infographic, courtesy of ATP:
When it comes to loadouts in Season of Plunder, a few things work better than the others. Below are the things that we recommend you to run:
- 2x Titans with Storm Grenades Build.
- 1x Shadebinder Warlock with Osmiomancy or 1x Void Hunter with Graviton Forfeit.
- Wish Ender is absolutely cracked for dealing with Barrier Knights and red-bar adds.
- It is also recommend to run Hothead (because of Arc burn) instead of Linear Fusion Rifles.
And that is all we have got in our Destiny 2 Lightblade Grandmaster NF tips. For more help on the game, be sure to check out our detailed Destiny 2 wiki page.