Precarious Balance is the 2nd raid challenge for the reprised Crota’s End in Destiny 2. It is done during the Bridge encounter and is a fairly simple one to complete as long as everyone knows what to do. It is not the most combat-intensive challenge out there, but it heavily relies on communication. You can complete it on Master to earn a guaranteed Adept Raid Weapon. Other than that, it is also needed to earn the raid seal. In this Destiny 2 guide, we have detailed everything you need to know about completing the Precarious Balance raid challenge in Crota’s End.
Destiny 2: Crota’s End Precarious Balance Challenge
Before we begin, do note that this guide assumes you know how the encounter works. You can see our Bridge Encounter guide if you still need any help.
Precarious Balance requires that no one is standing on the middle plate while someone is crossing the bridge. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to complete this raid challenge:
- Begin the encounter by grabbing the Chalice of Light from the middle of the area.
- You will also need at least one player on each of the three plates.
- The person who grabbed the Chalice of Light will need to get Enlightened to build the bridge.
- From there, you simply need to pass around the Chalice of Light until 5 players are Enlightened. It is also important that one of the Enlightened people collect a Hive Sword.
- As soon as the 5th person is Enlightened, Chalice-holder and Swordbearer will need to step on the middle-plate and cross the bridge together. It is imperative that only these 2 people are standing on the middle-plate because if there is a 3rd person on it while they are crossing the bridge, it will fail the challenge.
- Once on the other side, defeat the Gatekeeper, preserve the Hive Sword, and stay alive.
- Back at spawn, another player will grab a Hive Sword, jump on the middle-plate to build the bridge, and cross when it is completely formed.
- After there are 3 people on the other side, 3 players on the spawn-side will need to get off their plates, clear enemies, and try to stay alive.
- The people on the other side, however, will starto build the bridge.
- Once one of the spawn-players has a Hive Sword, they will need to coordinate with the person standing on the middle-plate on the other side before crossing. Keep on doing this until everyone is on the opposite end.
- From there, grab the Chalice of Light again, become Enlightened, defeat Unstoppable Ogres, and defeat Gatekeepers to complete the Precarious Balance raid challenge in Crota’s End.
Tips to Keep in Mind
While it is a pretty straightforward challenge, there are some tips that can help you:
- Sword-swiping can be a life-saver when you need to cover that extra distance at the end.
- Grapple Grenades can easily trivialize this encounter.
- Stompees, Lion Rampant, and Transversive Steps are really good to give you freedom.
- When running it on Master difficulty, having Well of Radiance, Healing Grenades, and Banner of War can be very help.
Master Mode Tips
There is nothing that changes for this encounter in Master. You will be under-light but other than that, there is nothing that should give you any problems.
This is everything we have on how to to complete the Precarious Balance in Destiny 2: Crota’s End. For more help on the game, feel free to see our detailed Destiny 2 wiki page.