Cyberpunk 2077 had an incredible redemption arc. The game launched buggy and incomplete and developer CD Projekt Red took three years to fix it. However, even now players are experiencing errors and issues with Cyberpunk 2077 like Unhandled Exception error or Cyberpunk 2077 Has Flatlined. Console players are not immune to game crashes and PS5 users report that Cyberpunk 2077 is crashing at launch. In this Cyberpunk 2077 guide, I will list fixes that will help you resolve the crash at startup issue on the PlayStation 5.
Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 Crash At Startup Fixes That’ll Help
PlayStation 5 players are experiencing crashes when launching Cyberpunk 2077, particularly after the Update 2.0 patch. This issue, often accompanied by the CE-108255-1 error, is a common complaint among the PS5 users. The following are the fixes that will help you resolve the crash at startup issue with Cyberpunk 2077 PS5.
Update To Patch 2.1
Patch 2.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live and it introduced a lot of features and fixes for the game. If you haven’t updated the game to patch 2.1, it’s the reason why it’s crashing at launch. Update Cyberpunk 2077 to patch 2.1 on your PS5 and the crash at startup issue will be fixed.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
The most straightforward solution to address the crashing issue is to uninstall and reinstall Cyberpunk 2077. This is especially effective if your game was installed before the release of Update 2.0 on September 21, which has been identified as a major cause of such crashes. To do this:
- Navigate to your game library or use the options button on the game icon on your home screen.
- Uninstall the game.
- Reinstall the game, ensuring it installs with the Update 2.0.
Other Effective Solutions
- Restart Your PS5: A simple restart can clear temporary errors or glitches due to an old or corrupted cache.
- Enable Automatic Game Updates: Ensuring that your PS5 automatically updates games can prevent issues caused by outdated versions.
- Update PS5 Firmware: Regularly updating your PS5 firmware can address bugs and issues.
- Prevent Overheating: Check if your PS5 is overheating, as this can cause game crashes. Look for signs like unusual heat, loud fan noise, or overheating warning messages.
- Switch to 60 FPS & Turn Off Performance Mode: Opting for a stable 60 FPS can be more effective than the enhanced 120 FPS. Playing at an unlock FPS can cause Cyberpunk 2077 to crash at startup.
- Delete Saved Game Data: Corrupted saved data can cause crashes. Delete this data if necessary, but ensure to back it up first, particularly if you’re a PlayStation Plus member.
- Disable Rest Mode: Disabling the PS5’s Rest Mode can improve system stability.
- Rebuild PS5 Database: This allows the PS5 to sort out any drive-related issues that are causing game problems.
- Reset PS5: As a last resort, resetting your PS5 can resolve persistent issues. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.
That is all for our Cyberpunk 2077 fixes for the crash at startup issues on the PlayStation 5. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.