Cyberpunk 2077 has plenty of gangs that you can interact with. In Cyberpunk 2077 joining a gang is an easy way to get a sense of purpose and power. Gangs have enemies and allies. Each gang has its own style, symbolism and perks. In this Cyberpunk 2077 guide, we are going to go over all the gangs in the game including other factions such as Nomads, Fixers and Scavengers.
In Cyberpunk 2077, you are going to come across and interact with different gangs but as a mercenary, you cannot join any gang. This is a way of keeping the player neutral and it opens up all kinds of possibilities.
Updated on August 9, 2023: The guide is updated with new information and a new take on ranking the gangs in Cyberpunk 2077.
Gangs In Cyberpunk 2077 Ranked By Player Interaction
The following are all the different gangs in Cyberpunk 2077 that you can encounter and what you need to know about them:
- Overview: Maelstrom is notorious for their obsession with cyberware and the cybernetic enhancements they undergo. Originating from the Metal Warriors gang, they are now known for their unpredictable nature, often fueled by psychoactive substances.
- Player Interaction: Engaging with Maelstrom often involves high-stakes deals and confrontations. Their unpredictable nature means players should approach with caution. Decisions made during interactions can lead to violent outcomes or potential alliances.
- Voodoo Boys
- Overview: Primarily consisting of Haitian immigrants, the Voodoo Boys are experts in netrunning and digital espionage. They are deeply rooted in their cultural beliefs and are often at odds with other gangs due to their secretive nature.
- Player Interaction: Voodoo Boys missions are heavily intertwined with the main storyline, especially when diving into the digital realm. Building trust with them can unlock unique netrunning abilities and insights into the larger Cyberpunk narrative.
- Overview: With strong ties to the Latino community, the Valentinos are driven by a code of honor, family, and tradition. They control swathes of Heywood and are known for their flashy gold-plated guns and vehicles.
- Player Interaction: Interactions with the Valentinos revolve around personal vendettas, love affairs, and territorial disputes. Aligning with them can offer players protection in certain parts of the city.
- 6th Street
- Overview: Founded by veterans, the 6th Street gang initially aimed to serve and protect the community. However, over time, they’ve become more self-serving, often resorting to extortion and robbery.
- Player Interaction: Engaging with 6th Street often involves mediating disputes or taking on mercenary work. Their strong presence means they can be both allies and adversaries, depending on player choices.
- Tiger Claws
- Overview: With strong ties to the Asian community, Tiger Claws operate many businesses, from nightclubs to braindance parlors. They are known for their martial arts prowess and high-tech motorcycles.
- Player Interaction: Missions involving the Tiger Claws often delve into the seedy underbelly of Night City’s entertainment industry. Players can choose to confront or collaborate with them in various endeavors.
- Overview: Formed after the death of a famous strip club owner, the Moxes are fierce defenders of the marginalized and oppressed, especially sex workers.
- Player Interaction: Aligning with the Moxes offers players unique opportunities in the adult entertainment industry, from protection gigs to uncovering larger conspiracies.
- Overview: The Animals are a group of ultra-violent bodybuilders and brawlers. They are known for their physical prowess, often enhanced by experimental substances.
- Player Interaction: Encounters with the Animals are typically violent, with missions ranging from fistfights to full-blown shootouts. Their brute strength makes them formidable foes.
- Overview: Scavengers are opportunistic criminals known for kidnapping people to harvest their cyberware. They operate throughout Night City, making them a constant threat.
- Player Interaction: Players will often be tasked with rescuing victims or taking down Scavenger hideouts. Their lack of loyalty means they can be both temporary allies or constant nuisances.
- Overview: One of the Nomad groups, the Aldecaldos have a strong sense of community and are known for their expertise in mechanics and engineering.
- Player Interaction: Missions with the Aldecaldos often involve convoy heists, protection gigs, or exploring the Badlands outside Night City.
- Overview: Another Nomad group, the Wraiths are the arch-enemies of the Aldecaldos. They are ruthless raiders, often attacking convoys and settlements.
- Player Interaction: Engaging with the Wraiths is typically adversarial, with players either defending against their raids or taking the fight to their turf.
Gangs In Cyberpunk 2077 Ranked By Threat Level
10. The Mox
Located in Watson and Westbrook, The Mox was established following the demise of club owner Lizzie Borden. While they’re perceived as a low-level threat to players, it’s advisable to maintain a good rapport with them. Provoking them might not be in V’s best interest.
9. The Aldecaldos
A prominent Nomad clan, The Aldecaldos play a significant role in one of the game’s best endings involving Panam. To V, they’re a low-level threat, but their might is evident when players witness their dominance in the Badlands.
8. The Voodoo Boys
Operating in the Pacifica district, The Voodoo Boys are notorious for their treacherous dealings. While they’re a low-level threat in person, their danger level escalates exponentially in the Net.
7. The Scavengers
Ubiquitous throughout Night City, especially in North Pacifica and Southern Wellsprings, the Scavengers or Scavs are known for their heinous acts of kidnapping and cyberware harvesting. They pose a medium-level threat, urging players to be on guard.
6. 6th Street
Dominating Santo Domingo and Heywood, 6th Street is infamous for extorting local businesses. Their medium threat level, combined with their notorious reputation, makes them a force to be reckoned with.
5. The Tyger Claws
Roaming Westbrook and Watson, The Tyger Claws are recognized by their luminous tattoos, swift bikes, and sharp blades. Engaged in drug distribution and human trafficking, they’re a medium-level threat, capable of inflicting severe damage.
4. The Valentinos
Operating primarily in Heywood, The Valentinos, despite their legitimate businesses, are a high-threat gang. Their flashy appearance belies their sinister operations, making them formidable adversaries.
3. The Wraiths
Residing in the Badlands, specifically Rocky Ridge, The Wraiths are sadistic and high-threat. Known for their kidnappings and heinous crimes, players must be well-prepared when confronting them.
The Animals, a high-level threat gang, are renowned for their intimidating demeanor and brutal combat skills. Their reliance on steroids and brutal combat tests make them a formidable challenge, especially in close combat.
The most feared gang in Night City, Maelstrom, haunts Watson, Northside, and Kabuki. Their extreme threat level is well-earned, given their gruesome acts of violence and experimentation. Players should be well-equipped and prepared for intense encounters with this gang.
This is what you need to know about the different gangs in Cyberpunk 2077. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our Cyberpunk 2077 guides hub.