Developer CD Projekt Red supported Cyberpunk 2077 since launch, fixed it, and added features like DLSS Frame Generation, FSR 2, and Intel XESS upscalers. However, the game never officially received FSR 3 Frame Generation support, leaving AMD and RTX 20/30 series users without any option to use Frame Gen in Cyberpunk 2077. You can change this by modding FSR 3 Frame Generation in Cyberpunk 2077 which can be enabled with DLSS Super Resolution (only for RTX GPU users) to boost FPS. In this Cyberpunk 2077 guide, I will help you with how to enable FSR 3 Frame Generation in the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 FSR3 Frame Generation
I’ve used this mod to enable FSR Frame Generation in Cyberpunk 2077 and it worked. My RTX 3060 is rendering the game at an average of 80 FPS at 1080p with all Ray Tracing settings at Ultra and DLSS Super Resolution at Quality preset. In this guide, I will take you step by step on how to enable FSR 3 FG in Cyberpunk 2077.
How To Use FSR3 Frame Generation
The first step to enable FSR FG in the Cyveroubnk 2077 is to download this mod from Github. Once downloaded, extract the content of the zip file in a folder. After that, follow the steps below to force FSR 3 Frame generation in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Right-click the “DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks” and click Merge
- Click Yes when the prompt appears
- Copy the “nvngx.dll” and “dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll” files
- Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 in your Steam library > Manage > Browse Local Files
- A new window will open containing Cyberpunk 2077’s game files
- Go to bin\x64 a and paste the “nvngx.dll” and “dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll” files
- Launch Cyberpunk 2077 and you’ll get a prompt that DLSS Frame Generation will be replaced with FSR 3 Frame Generation
- Press OK
- Enable DLSS Frame Generation in the Graphics menu
- Play Cyberpunk 2077 with FSR 3 Frame Generation
Note: PC users with RTX 20 or 30 series GPUs will be able to use both DLSS Super Resolution and FSR 3 Frame Generation.
The following images show the difference FSR 3 Frame Generation makes to Cyberpunk 2077’s FPS. You can see that without FSR3, the game is running around 40 FPS, and with Frame Generation enabled, the FPS is around 80 FPS.
That is all for our Cyberpunk 2077 guide with tips on how to enable FSR 3 Frame Generation in the game. If you are facing errors and issues with other PC games or your PC then also see our hub for commonly occurring PC errors and their fixes.