The economy of Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty basic but broken. However, developers are planning to introduce new patches to fix the broken economy of Cyberpunk 2077. Still, whether they fix it or not, you need to have a good understanding of Cyberpunk 2077’s economy. In this guide, we will discuss the economy of Cyberpunk 2077.
How Cyberpunk 2077 Economy Works – All Economy Principles
There are a handful of ways to earn and spend your cash in Night City. The following is an overview list if the most common methods you will encounter in Cyberpunk 2077.
Sources of Income
- Complete NCPD Scanner Hustles, gigs, and main/side jobs.
- Complete Breach Protocol mini-game on physical access points to determine resources.
- Loot bodies, stashes, or find collectibles.
- Sell unused items in your inventory.
- Complete bounties
- Use the money to buy items from vendors, cyberwar from ripperdocs, and vehicles from fixers.
- While speaking with NPCs choose dialogue options that involve a monetary payment to facilitate progress.
- Rare items will always cost more at vendors.
- Most vendors have rare items locked behind minimum Street Cred requirements.
- Items sold by vendors scale to your current level.
- Stocks regenerate after every 48 in-game hours, or when you move far away.
- Vendors will often offer discounts.
And that’s how the economy works in Cyberpunk 2077.