Today, heralded indie publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Zeth reveal a November 15th launch date for their upcoming deceptively cozy, boss-rush-styled adventure, Bound by Blades. Releasing on Windows PC via Steam and GOG, Bound by Blades is an action RPG where intense boss rush-style battles take a front and center seat.
Journey through the realm of Ashmyr, confront ferocious foes, collect loot, and craft new epic gear to fortify yourself for the challenges ahead. This “simple to learn, hard to master” RPG features optional two-player co-op for optimal combat strategizing. After all, slaying monsters is more fun together!
In the newest trailer, solo developer Zeth narrates Bound By Blades’ emphasis on challenging combat, crafting, and co-op. Envisioned as a simple, casual version of a boss-rush experience with a focus on fun, Bound by Blades features satisfying and challenging boss fights coupled with a gorgeous, digitally-drawn world and imaginative characters.
In the slay-and-conquer style of Monster Hunter and Eldest Souls, players defeat powerful enemies, harvest their loot, and use these materials to craft better and stronger equipment. However, Bound by Blades revamps this formula in a way that makes it more approachable and for the casual player. The story of Bound by Blades is set in a high fantasy world where players can choose from three different characters, each featuring their own unique playstyle. Master the game’s unique combat system, battle the evil forces of the Ilcyon, and save the land of Ashmry from certain doom.
Key Features of Bound by Blades:
- Beast Tamer: Slay colossal monsters through perilous combat, and learn their maneuvers in order to survive the battles and come out ahead. Harvest their remains and utilize them to craft a sweet new set of gear!
- Intuitive Controls and Unique Combat: Bound By Blades is designed for players of all skill levels, allowing any adventurer to embark on this challenging journey. Employ a variety of maneuvers like Quick and Strong Attacks, Combos, and Unique Combo Finishers, and enjoy over 30 craftable sets of armor and 30 unique weapons.
- Sit, Stay, Quest!: Enlist the help of pets as your reliable companions to handle your fetch quests or join your side in battle. Feed them to become more powerful and use special items found on your quest to help them evolve.
- The Challenge is Yours: Stuck on a boss, despite memorizing their unique attack pattern? Simply change the settings on the go and select from three different difficulties. Remember, each encounter increases in difficulty with each defeated foe!
- Choose your Fighter: There is no such thing as a “one size fits all” playstyle in Bound by Blades. Acknowledging this, select and swap between the game’s three main characters, each with their own unique battle styles and gear: Teo the Kuza cat, Guren the Fangorian bunny, and Kotathe Oxbourne ox.
Bound by Blades launches November 15, 2022, and is available to wishlist on Steam and GOG.