Thanks to its branching storylines, Biomutant is a perfect game to have the NG+ mode. The mode becomes available after completing the main campaign at least once. Once started, players get to keep their gear and character level while also being able to experience the outcomes of alternate choices in order to see other narrative elements. In this Biomutant guide, we’ve detailed all there’s to know about how to start New Game Plus, what carries over, and what doesn’t.
Biomutant New Game Plus
First, let’s talk about unlocking the NG+ mode. To begin, complete the main campaign – defeat the four Worldeaters and Lupa-Lupin. After the credits roll, the option to start an NG+ should be on the main menu. Do note that a new save file must be created in order to start the NG+.
As for the things that change in NG+, these include the following:
- The entire map is undiscovered. Players will need to revisit each area once more.
- The Tree of Life, The Tribe War, and Another World become available.
- Free to make different choices and change the Aura.
- The ability to ally with one of the six Tribes and replay all the quests.
- Start at the Tree of Life in Yerpfields, keep all the gear, and level. These can be upgraded even further.
NG+ adds a lot of replay value to the game. Completionists who love to experience different aspects of the game, see what each choice does, and things like that will appreciate the addition.
Games like SoulsBorne, TW3, etc. also ramp up the difficulty of the world a little. We don’t know whether that’s the case in Biomutant or not.
This is all we’ve got in our Biomutant NG+ guide. For more help on the game, feel free to check out our detailed Biomutant wiki guides.