Woodman is one of the bosses in Cyberpunk 2077 but he is surprisingly easy to beat. There is a peaceful way out of the situation but if that fails you start the Woodman boss fight in Cyberpunk 2077. In this boss guide, you will get everything you need to know on how to beat Woodman aka Oswald Forrest in Cyberpunk 2077.
You’re tasked with interrogating Woodman towards the end of the “Automatic Love” mission. There are two primary routes: either threaten him with media exposure for a peaceful approach or engage in combat. If you know how to get to Woodman using stealth, you can converse with him. However, many conversation options still lead to combat.
All Dialogue Options To Avoid Combat
I’ve highlighted each correct option for a peaceful resolution with Woodman.
- You look like a reasonable man – let’s make a deal.
- You don’t understand what’s at stake here.
- Tell me where Evelyn is.
If you make a deal, more dialogue options become available:
- I’ll pay for info.
- Sorry I’m done being nice.
Choosing the first option will lead to you paying to more dialogue options:
- You look worse than that.
- Just want to make a donation.
- Sorry done being nice.
Choose the second option to open up the next set of dialogues:
- I’ll tell the media everything.
- Your bosses should know how you treat customers
- Could end you with my bare hands.
- Let’s not make this any harder than it has to be.
How To Start A Fight With Woodman
To start a fight with Woodman you need to select “Sorry I’m Done Being Nice” or “Sorry Done Being Nice” This will start a fight with Woodman that leads to you either killing him or sparing his life. Killing him end the conflict and you get what you want. But sparing his life means he’ll come back later in the game (where you get the chance to kill him).
Tip: If you’re planning to fight, try to find weapons within the mission area. Always be prepared for combat, even if you’re aiming for a peaceful resolution.
Kill Or Spare Woodman?
- If you decide to spare Woodman, he plays a role in later interactions, especially in the side-job “Ex-Factor” with Maiko. Sparing him can make dealings with Maiko easier.
- If you kill him, you’ll miss out on potential interactions later in the game.
- Regardless of your choice, you can find out about Evelyn’s location either from Woodman directly or from his computer.
My recommendation: Spare his life and then kill him later on when you get the chance. Keep talking to Judy and you’ll eventually be able to take him down.
And that’s how you beat Woodman in Cyberpunk 2077. For your troubles, you will get the epic M251S Ajax rifle at the end of the boss fight. For more content, check out our Cyberpunk 2077 guides hub.